Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
stevesberry
My Device: Not Specified

Torch with a mind of it's own!

My wife's Torch has taken on a life of it's own. Contacts will disappear then reappear, it flicks between applications when nobody is near it, we watched it doing it last night. Anybody else had anything like this before?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Torch with a mind of it's own!

BlackBerry smartphones are SO smart, some of them do things on their own without you being there; that's just how advanced they are.

That may or may not be true, but either way I would recommend a battery pull.  Remove your battery while your phone is powered on then replace it.  That usually takes care of strange behavior such as this.

I hope that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
stevesberry
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Torch with a mind of it's own!

We have tried the battery pull, quite a few times, made no difference. We actually called into an O2 shop yesterday, guy had never heard of a berry doing this before. My wife has had a number of problems with her phone and this is a replacement but guy said we'd have to go back to the shop that supplied the replacement. Why, it's the same company!

Please use plain text.