Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
Helebeau
My Device: Torch9850

Torch won't update

Torch9850 V4.021 (b2.4)  Verizen

I connected my torch via usb and attempted to update. It begins and then error comes

Says the device has been disconnected improperly. Reconnect and try again.   I did NOT disconnect it. ????

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Torch won't update

It sounds like USB port issue. Can you try a different port?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Also, don't connect through a hub. Always connect to a USB port directly on the computer.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
Helebeau
My Device: Torch9850

I only have the one cable that fits from the BB phone to my mac's USB port
Guru I
John_Clark

I would suspect a faulty cable or usb port on either the device or the Mac. If you're doing an update, plug in the device, let the update go and don't move the phone and/or cable while the update is going.