Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
Knyghtrider
My Device: Torch 9800

Torch would no longer power on.

Hi Folks I believe my phone is screwed not sure, earlier in the day I was out in the Hurricane weather and got some waves splashed on me resulting in my phone getting some water on it. When I reached home some 10 minutes later it was still powered on but nothing happened. I pulled the battery and found the phone was wet dried it as best as I could replaced battery after about 30 minutes and phone at start up appears to be looping. Do I need a new phone?

Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Torch would no longer power on.

[ Edited ]

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Take the battery, media card and SIM cards out of the device.

Gently shake out any water you can. Do not use a hairdryer or oven.

Buy a good size box of uncooked Uncle Ben's rice, Open the box and place the device in the rice.

Take the box of rice with the device inside and find a warn dry area to place it on.

I use the shelf;f behind the behind the cable box  and my receiver works perfect.

Now the hardest part leave it alone for a couple days to get as much moisture out of the device.

as possible. I've saved two devises using the rice and know at least 10 other users that sear by the rice.

Let us know how it goes! (in about three days)

Thanks,

Bifocals

Uncle Ben backs the Blackberry too!

:Yes:

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter