Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Touch screen stops working

I have been visiting my local AT&T store on a regular basis due to defects in my Torch. First the case they gave me was pressing the screen lock button. Then my screen was locking up when I hit the browser icon. Then I noticed the backlight shining through gaps in the border of the screen. Now I have touch screen issues. I have the app Pattern Lock that I downloaded because the phone wouldnt go into sleep mode without this app. Now it wont recognize my unlock pattern on the touch screen so I have to spend 5 minutes swiping my screen until it recognizes the swipe. This is the worst phone I have ever had over the last 15 years as far as defects and design flaws.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

[ Edited ]

I have to admit that the failure rate does seem abysmally high...I have *never* gone through 4 DOA pieces of any electronics in the past, let alone a phone, and best yet in 15 days!

There are most certainly some serious QC issues going on here.  As one of my friends said, they should have a rolling exchange counter, come in drop in your old phone and a new one gets dispenses automatically.  Seems a lot do not last a week.

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch

It seems like this problem has back again in full force. I've had to take the battery out four times today so far. Not sure I can retun the phone back to Amazon at this point since it's been over a month. <Sighs>
Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: ATT

Just got a new Torch last Saturday and had the same problem with the touch screen. Took it back to the ATT store today and exchanged it. The first one they gave me had a software glitch when in the address book was opened. It came up with a Null Pointer exception, luckily I was still in the store so they gave me a 3rd one and this one seems fine.

Regular Contributor

ranalli wrote:
It seems like this problem has back again in full force. I've had to take the battery out four times today so far. Not sure I can retun the phone back to Amazon at this point since it's been over a month. <Sighs>

This kind of stuff makes me really worried having gone through 4 DOA Torch phones already.  I don't trust it until I see it working fine for a while.  Is your phone Mexico 5?

Contributor

How do I tell if it's Mexico 5?

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

ranalli wrote:

How do I tell if it's Mexico 5?

It will say on your box or behind the battery where the S/N, IMEI, etc. is located.  I stay the hell away from Mexico 5 since I had 3/3 Mexico 5s fail (I also had one Mexico 4 fail but I think the phone was a refurbished unit).

Contributor

Mine says Made in Mexico 4.

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: ATT

mines says Mexico 5 and so far it has been flawless since I got it.  however, this is my 2nd one. first one had all the screen issues.  I don't believe the torch is ready for prime time. only reason I still have one is that the company I work for provides it.  I would be on a droid or iphone if I was paying for it.  the flaws and cost of apps for this things is too much.  when this one goes on me I plan to just get a dull cell phone for work which I will have on during work hours and by a droid or iphone for my personal use and enjoyment.