Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
k00laid
My Device: 9800 torch
My Carrier: bell

Track pad not working when keyboard open (Torch 9800)

Hello everyone. please help..

i have had my BB for about a month now and it was working fine .. the track pad is very responcive and when the unit is closed the track pad works great but about a week ago the trackpad stoped working when the keyboard slider was open, after a few swipes it would come back to life however now the problem is worsened to the point where the trackpad is unresponcive when the kb is opened but as soon as i slide the kb back the track pad comes to life, this is the second unit that i have had problems with in 30 days and hope this is an easy fix...

i have tryed all the standard stuff like pulling the battery for a few hrs and such, im afraid that the problem is a hardwear releated and was wondering if anyone else here has this problem or if anyone knows a fix?

RIM, where has your quality control gone ? if this problem is not fixed soon im afraid i will be moving my 8 years of loyal bussiness to the apple iphone,, i dont want to as i REALLY enjoy the hardware kb that the torch has .. however i really need a working phone that i dont have to replace every month.!!!

Please use plain text.
frenk2603
My Carrier: salesman

Re: Track pad not working when keyboard open (Torch 9800)

Hello,

did you find a so;ution i have the same problem.

greetings Frank (from the Netherlands)

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
k00laid

Sorry Frank, the only solution that was offered from RIM is to have them take my phone and fix it which I would have to pay for shipping(not that I care, but it’s the principal) , but i would be without my phone for over 6 weeks, and for a company that specializes in business you would think that they would have a better plan of action then that considering that we can’t be without our smartphones for more than a few hrs or were outa the loop at the office..

No, I have already got my wife on to an Android phone, as well as my boss has recently got a iPhone. Seeing how I was treated by RIM he wasn’t about to line up and become a 500$ gunny pig like I did, as the tech advisor at the company, I am currently one of only 3 people left using a BB as their primary communication device (and that changes in 2 weeks), I have made it my mission to move everyone off this device and onto another company’s product. I find R.I.M’s customer support to be weighted towards making the customer buy new devices over and over. Don’t get me wrong here, I don’t mind upgrading every few years, but 3 phones in 6 months, costing my company over 1300$ just to have it break in the same place each time, well that causes alarm at the quality control that RIM has displayed.

No, Frank I’m afraid you (like me) got screwed and will either have to be without your phone until they repair it and send it back or will have to buy a new one, let’s just to be clear here, by reading this post you have shown more interest in this problem than anyone at RIM.

-Shawn

Please use plain text.
frenk2603
My Carrier: salesman

Ok thanks for the answer. i will get a new phone after 2 weeks from my boss. Also an Iphone. But i will never buy a blackberry it's realy the worst phone i ever had in my life. And i wil tell everbody about it.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
k00laid

Please do, these company's need to start caring about what we of their products a little more since its our dollars that pay their salaries.

-Shawn

Please use plain text.