Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: ATT

TrackPad Not Working - 'again'

My TrackPad has stopped working again.  

The first time, I was running OS 5.x, and made the upgrade to 7.1.  Trackpad worked fine.

after a month, it has stopped working again.  Interesting, I go to the HELP and it references a trackPAD, but if I go to the Options, there are only settings for a trackBALL, which of course the Torch does not have.  I think the software has somehow gotten confused with a different version of hardware.

For grins, the following was referenced in several other messages - followed the instructions, does not apply.

Trackpad, trackball, or keyboard not working on a BlackBerry smartphone

Can anyone comment on similar finding, and how to get the software to remember it has a trackPAD?  My next try is to re=install the software.

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: TrackPad Not Working - 'again'

This could be a hardware issue too.  Have you take it to the store so a tech can take a look at it?