Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
jasonalloyd
My Device: Torch 9800

Trackpad button not working at ALL! Doesn't work to press it, doesn't scroll, NOTHING

Is my phone screwed? I didn't drop it or get it wet or anything like that, it just stopped working. I tried battery resets, I also tried removing battery and pressing the button 5 times as I heard this may fix it. None of that works. Is there any fix for the trackpad button not working or should I just buy a iphone, i'm getting tired of blackberry issues.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jasonalloyd

Re: Trackpad button not working at ALL! Doesn't work to press it, doesn't scroll, NOTHING

43 views, no replys.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jasonalloyd

Re: Trackpad button not working at ALL! Doesn't work to press it, doesn't scroll, NOTHING

Well, I harrassed Rogers until they decided to give me a new phone...won't be getting a blackberry or dealing with Rogers after this contract.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
cflynn13
My Device: Blackberry Torch

Re: Track pad button not working at ALL! Doesn't work to press it, doesn't scroll, NOTHING

I had a similar problem, except it wasn't all the time, it decided to not work like that at random times. Then, it went to the track pad AND touch screen being unresponsive, and from that to including any other buttons, like the back button and the keyboard. There was a time as well when the unlock button was unresponsive. Times it would get so bad, I pressed one thing, and I couldn't do anything else to my device. Like you, I didn't get it wet or anything like that. This has been going on about the last 2-3 weeks for me, slowly progressing, along with other little problems I would have. I took out my battery, and left it out for about 10 minutes, and even completely deleted everything off my phone, and then restored it. As well as deleted all of the downloaded apps I had, and any others that came on the device I did not use. Finally, today I brought it to my carrier and they shipped it away. If I were you, I would try the same thing, do the battery pull first, 'cause this may help the track pad become responsive sometimes, and then do a FULL back up, including your media card if you have one, and this backs up your bbm contacts too, before deleting all of the data. This way, you can restore your information afterwards. Wait probably at least a week, and if the problem progresses like mine did, bring it back to your carrier. AND again, before you bring it to do a FULL back up. This way, when they give you a loner phone, which, depending on your warranty and carrier you should get one, you can put every onto that device. (I'm with bell, and have the extended warranty - $7/month, which is also why I didn't have to even pay a cent) the only thing that will be different, after restoring the loner phone, is your bbm pin, but your bbm contacts will go into your contacts list and you can re-add them from there. If you don't want to bring your phone back, I'm not sure what else I can suggest for you to do. I researched this before getting it sent away, to try and fix it myself and I can't seem to find what could be wrong with it, or any other ways to fix it, making bring it back my last resource. As well, I just got fed up with it and didn't wanna deal with it any longer, I really just wanted to throw it against the wall. 

Just a note, from what I researched it seems as if there has been other people with these similar problems, with the Torch 9800, and not the 9810.  My friend has the 9810 and doesn't have a problem with it. Apparently the torch is the first blackberry used with the 6 OS software, so maybe it has something to do with that. Let me know if this was any help! or if you got the problem resolved, maybe it could've worked with mine. 

Please use plain text.