Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
Menace
My Device: torch 9800

Trackpad is super sensitive

Trackpad on the torch is super sensitive.  At first it was fine but now its absolutely crazy!  I have both the vertical and horizontal set to 20 and when I scroll down the cursor moves down and then when I stop, it scrolls to the top all by itself.  Also, I don't even need to touch the pad in order to get the cursor to move, just swipe my thumb over the top!  It makes using it really frustrating!  Anyone seen this problem before???

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
omxter
My Device: Bold 9000

Re: Trackpad is super sensitive

hey and welcome to the forums

have you tried a battery pull?? it solves 95% of sudden unexpected problems.

with your device powered on pull the battery give it a minute, then put it back...

if this doesn't work, post back for further suggestions.

good luck

1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the white star in the black box to the left of the post.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Menace
My Device: torch 9800

I have tried both a soft and a hard reset and nothing seems to work.  I have been looking around in the forums and it doesn't seem like this is a common problem so maybe the trackpad on my phone is just a little off. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
wbmstr
My Device: Torch 9800

Really? Too sensitiive? I find exactly the opposite. Mine is frustratingly unresponsive. I've tried increasing and decreasing the sensitivity - but it still seems to be slow and unresponsive.

It's like I have to slide my thumb acros twice and much as I should have to.

I really miss the trackball on my curve. I know some people say they have problems with them, but mine was flawless.

This new flat trackpad, at least mine anyway, is terrible.

Please use plain text.
benru_BB
My Device: Torch 9800

Guys, same happened to me, I believe after upgrading to v6.0.0.246.

It worked fine while on the initial OS6 release...not sure if this could be a HW or SW issue.

Hope someone find a solution, it is very frustrating 

Please use plain text.
ongck
My Device: Torch

I am having the same problem on my 3 day old torch too.. really frustrating. :smileymad:

Please use plain text.