Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Forums Advisor III
Leslie8120
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S3, BlackBerry Torch 9800, BlackBerry Z10, Blackberry Z30.

Transfering files .......... >>>>

i have been using an Android for the past.... 2 1/2 years. Suddenly I felt like I want to go back to my BB and I dusted off my Torch 9800, inserted the SIM card, microSD and fired up the phone. Synched everything with the files I still had on my laptop except .... the files I had in the "Password Keeper". Those files are now on my Android phone but I had no problem transfering it via bluetooth on the BB 9800 microSD card. i have no problem accessing those files but I don`t want to leave it on the microSD card. I can cut or copy & paste any of those files but nothing seems to open them...doc to go, spread sheet, memo pad, etc.

But that`s not my concern... In order for me to have all those files in the "Password Keeper", do I actually have to re-type everything again? Is there an easy(er) way to do this?

Thanks 

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: Transfering files .......... >>>>

Hello Leslie8120

If you have a backup of your Password Keeper database , then you can restore those using BlackBerry Desktop Software , Please refer to this Knowledge Base :

KB10339How to use BlackBerry Desktop Software to restore data to a BlackBerry smartphone from a backup file

Good luck.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Forums Advisor III
Leslie8120
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S3, BlackBerry Torch 9800, BlackBerry Z10, Blackberry Z30.

Thanks for your reply. 

I got that part ... whatever I had saved on my laptop, it got back on my Torch. But like I mentioned, I have used an Android phone for a number of years where i also had password protected files. Now, I transfered those file on to my Torch via bluetooth - no problem, except that they are saved on the microSD card. I can transfer them from there on to the "Device" but from there I have no way of "cut & paste" those files anywhere else. I can`t open them in "Documents to go" nor "Spread sheet" and I can`t cut and paste them into the "Pasword keeper" either

So...again...my question is: do I actualy have to re-type all that information into the "Password keeper" or is there a way  to "move" them there?

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Hello Leslie8120

Our BlackBerry Backup files are stored as .ipd files, And If your backup are in other formats then above method will not help. On our device those Password keeper database are stored on your device memory so simple cut and paste to a media card will not serve your purpose.

If those password protected files are stored in another format then I think most easiest is to simply re-type or re-enter those into Password Keeper application on your device.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Forums Advisor III
Leslie8120

Well...that`s gonna be a lot of re-typing for me. But I suppose it will have to do it. 

Thanks