Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Regular Contributor
magellan
My Device: Torch 9800
Accepted Solution

Transferring from Yahoo mail to Gmail default service for calendar

[ Edited ]

Good day,

I am given up on using Yahoo Mail after 13 years.  I get timed out and have problems login in and some of my messages don't get forwarded to my BlackBerry.  So I switched over to using Gmail as my main e-mail provider and it's been working well so far.

I use Outlook calendar on my laptop and sync it with my Torch 9800 using USB connection.  If I remove my Yahoo Mail as a default sevice for Calendar, Contact List and Messaing, and select Gmail as my default service how do I convert all my calendar and contact list to the Gmail profile.  Actually, not sure if my contact list would be affected since I don't see the association of the contact list to my Yahoo Mail currently.   If I delete my Yahoo profile would my events get deleted or would they get transferred to the default calendar profile?  Or do I just sync it again with my Outlook and my events will be transferred to the Gmail profile after selecting Gmail as my default service for Calendar and Contact List.  I hope I am explaining this correctly.  I also have a Facebook calendar profile showing birthday reminders, which I'm trying to remove but that's another problem.

I want to do it right the first time and don't want to accidentally delete my events and contact list.

Thanks in advance.

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Transferring from Yahoo mail to Gmail default service for calendar

Before doing anything make a full backup of the device.

I think you can solve this by making the Gmail the default service. Then in the calendar app go to Options. On the screen type the letters M O V E. That should move all events to the default calendar. It's been a while since I've done this, though.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Regular Contributor
magellan

Thank you so much John_Clark.  That worked perfectly.  I deleted the service book for Facebook and the birthday eventts moved to my default calendar and with your instructions to type MOVE, my regular events as well as Facebook birthday reminders moved to my Gmail calendar.  Now it's easier to delete the birthday reminders on my Outlook instead of deleting one at a time on my Torch.

I see one minor problem.  In my Default Services, the Contact List (SYNC) is still set to my Yahoo, which doesn't exist anymore because I removed all my CICAL and CMIME Yahoo service book.  I don't see a Yahoo service book for Contact List (SYNC).  It's not causing me any problems; I can still sync my contact list between Outlook and my Torch.  But I would like to make it a clean change by selecting the Gmail service book if possible for my Contact List.  I do not sync my contact list on my Torch and Outlook with my Gmail (e-mail) contact list. 

Thanks again.  Thanks for the quick reply.

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

There may not be a Gmail (sync) service book anymore since Google has removed the wireless sync options for contact and calendar.

One other thing...you removed the service books manually and that's fine. Did you properly remove the yahoo mail account from your device? You can do this in the Setup Internet email or email setup icon. You'll need to do this, otherwise the service books will push back eventually.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Regular Contributor
magellan

Yep, I removed the service books manually on the Torch and I also went into the Setup Internet e-mail and removed the Yahoo mail account.  In addition, after I performed the MOVE feature, the default calendar was removed automatically.  I like it.  This eliminates any chance of calendar service book conflicting each other.

One minor thing is that I can't access the Setup Internet e-mail on my Torch.  I had to login in to the BIS system with Telus (Canada).

Thanks.

Guru I
John_Clark

Is it missing or just doesn't work? Does it give an error?

You might try registering on the network again. The service books for the Yahoo mail account shouldn't return since you've removed the email account from the BIS system.

Go to Options >type Host Routing Table into the search bar. Open that menu, hit the menu key and select "Register Now."
Regular Contributor
magellan

When I go to Setup and click on Email Accounts then nothing happens.  I followed your instruciton with Registering and it does the same thing.

Guru I
John_Clark

Have you tried rebooting?
Regular Contributor
magellan

Yes.  I even did a battery pull.