Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: Sprint

Transitioning...

My new Torch on the Sprint network is coming to me shortly.  I will be transitioning from my BB Tour to the Torch.  Kinda funny how just a few letters separate those two, ha.  Is there an easy way to get all my goodness to the new phone?  Inputing all those numbers and such would suck.  I figure since they're both BlackBerrys, there may be a straight up dead simple way to do it.  Be nice if all my contacts and such would not only transfer easily but also with all their chosen tweaks, tones, and what have you.  Dig?  Oh, and for bonus points, can I also transfer my purchased rintones, apps, et al over to the new phone as well?  Thanks!

Solutions: 6,153
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Transitioning...

Oh this is SO easy I almost hate to take the bonus points.

In the BlackBerry Desktop Software, use the Switch Device Wizard. It will transfer all your messages, contacts, calendar, preferences, apps, etc., from the old to the new device.

Article ID: KB23677 How to switch devices using BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.0

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: Transitioning...

Seems to have worked, mostly. Some of my settings, as in certain ringtones and sounds for different phone numbers didn't seem to make the cut. Downloaded ringtones and wallpapers also didn't make it. Perhaps they're incompatible with the new phone? Think it's possible to pull those downloaded ringtones and wallpapers off the old phone and cram 'em in the new? And...seriously, the "gung-ho" sound I used for my texts on the old phone isn't on the new! If I don't have that sound, things are just gonna be real strange. Kinda sad. How can they just leave that out?! Any way to port that over to the new phone? Too many questions? Thanks!