Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
rigya
My Device: 9810
My Carrier: Airtel

Trouble downloading BB App World

I recently updated 2 apps (FB and BB World). After the update, the icon for BB World disappeared. Not knowing what to do, I deleted it, hoping to re-install it. Now, the BB browser is "unable to connect to the internet and is having communication problems", though everything else that runs on internet works fine. When I tried downloading it though PC, I get the message "Mode not available". What to do?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Trouble downloading BB App World

Hello rigya

If you're having problem with BlackBerry App World , then try to download it aagin using your BlackBerry browser . But before that On your Homescreen Go to Options > Device > Application Management > Locate and delete BlackBerry App World if any version is listed there.

KB10040  :  How to view or remove installed application on a blackberry smartphone

Perform a  Battery Pull Restart by removing  the battery while your device is Powered On , wait a min. then re-insert it back . After reboot use your BlackBerry Browser and browse to www.blackberry.com/appworld/download  and download the most recent version available .

Try it and let see if it works.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rigya

Hey, the thing is that I still cannot. The Blackberry Browser isn't letting me download, nor is opera.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hello rigya

The above link will not work from opera , you have to use your BlackBerry Browser . I assume you already have a BlackBerry Data Plan / BIS . 

When you use your BlackBerry browser and browse that link what error you recieve ?

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rigya

"A communication failure has occurred. The server may be busy, please try again later. If the problem persists contact your service provider." I always get this message.
I am using wifi. My BIS is currently deactivated.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi there,

You need an active BIS to access your BlackBerry browse , otherwise the error will remain whenever you try downloading BlackBerry World using your browser .

If you don't have an active BIS , try this Knowledge Base to install BlackBerry world using a computer :

KB31325 : How to install or update the BlackBerry App World application using a Computer system.

Good luck.

Please use plain text.