If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Visitor
stophjs
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Consumer Cellular

Troubleshooting my 2nd hand Torch

I was recently given an old Torch 9800 by my Dad that he got from his work, and got a SIM card for it from Consumer Cellular. The plan that I've bought through consumer cellular includes data. So far, I am having two major problems that I can't seem to fix. 

First problem: When I try to set up email, I am prompted for enterprise activation, which I assume means there is still the IT policy on it. The problem is, multiple full factory wipes through BBSAK and the command prompt have failed to remove it. 

Second problem: I am completely unable to access the app store, or any of the various connected programs such as facebook. I always receive a message either that I'm on a data service that doesn't support the app, or that data is simply not operational. When I had the phone but had not yet receive my sim card from Consumer Cellular, I was able to get into these programs through the WIFI at my home. Now I can't even access them through the WIFI, let alone through my data plan.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm happy to provide more details.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Troubleshooting my 2nd hand Torch

Hi stophjs

Welcome to Blackberry Support Forums

For you first problem you have to activate BlackBerry Data Plan / BIS on your account if you want to use those personal email services, So call your Carrier to activate that on your SIM card account .

For you second problem , If you want to access those BlackBerry Applications like Facebbok for BlackBerry, Twitter or BlackBerry App World over you mobile network you again need a BlackBerry Data Plan / BIS.However you can access those over wifi .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.