Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: torcj 9810
Accepted Solution

Trying to reload OS for torch 9810

Hello, thanks to prince for info to get me this far with uncaught exception messages that stopped me accessing any apps or home page on my Torch 9810

I contacted Blackberry help by phone and was told of a $50 fee for any tech advice and to contact my carrier first. Contacted my carrier who said  because the phone could not be accessed, I needed to wipe my OS and then they would reload OS for me. Travelled back to my carrier's shop next day and then told by another tech that they do not reload OS and would charge $200 to send away for a few weeks to be loaded. Not happy! , as I needed my phone to be working to be able to take emergency calls about very sick old relatives.

I downloaded from the BB website to my computer the correct  the OS for my torch 9810 and then followed all of the steps mentioned in previous posts. I downloaded BBSAK and proceeded to wipe my phone clean. Perfect not a problem. I then followed the instructions to open up Loader.exe and followed all the leads. Problem came up on a dialogue box saying that there is no OS on the computer to install onto my phone. HUH! Tried 3 similar OS downloads and the same problem. Have searched my computer and can not find any OS anywhere. Now have a Blackberry with no operating system and desperately need it to be working.

Any help with this dilemma would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Neil

Solutions: 6,064
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Trying to reload OS for torch 9810

**Starting with the later OS6 releases, there are now three copies of VENDOR.XML
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader (for 32-bit Windows XP/Vista/7)
==========OR============
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader (for 64-bit Windows Vista/7)
C:\Documents and Settings\*name*\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
C:\Documents and Settings\*name*\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
You can also just search for VENDOR.XML. Make sure that you choose ADVANCED SEARCH and include hidden files. It should show the file in at three locations. Delete every copy that it finds.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: torcj 9810

Thanks, success! Great forum and keep up the good work guys.

Neil

Solutions: 6,064
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

You're welcome!

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800

Hi could you please give me some advice, I just updated my BB torch 9800 software, its now very slow and this message came up:
uncaught exception:
Application
Net_rim_bb_qm_peer
(276) is not responding:
Process terminated

What does this mean and how can I fix it??