Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: BB Torch 9800
My Carrier: Orange Romania

Turn off BB Torch 9800

Hi there,

Is there a way I can turn off my BB Torch 9800 for real?

Pressing the red button for a few seconds only makes the device go in some kind of sleep mode.

Getting the battery out does not seem a good solution for restaring or turning off the phone.

Thanks,

Irina

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: Turn off BB Torch 9800

You have to press and hold it for a bit longer to get the full power off option.

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/18577/Turn_off_your_device_60_1094474_11...

to do a quick restart: alt-right caps-del

My Device: BB Torch 9800
My Carrier: Orange Romania

Pressing and holding the button does not seem to really turn off the phone. Because after I do this, if I press the red button again, the phone becomes available instantly. The same thing happens when I use the Power Off icon.

Is there a way I can turn off the phone so I can have the same result as when taking the battery off?

Pressing alt-caps-del does not do anything.

Thanks.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

Wolf359's response, at one time, worked.  In fact, he's even included documentation that is specifically for your model.

I tried turning off my Torch 9860 after reading your post and was surprised to find out I couldn't.  I pressed and held the red phone button then I tried clicking the Power icon on my homescreen.  Neither method allowed me to fully power down my phone.  There was a time when you could fully power down a BlackBerry by using Wolf's suggestion; now, I'm not so sure.

I'm as surprised by this as you are.  If anyone has an explanation as to why RIM went this route, I'd love to hear it.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Highlighted
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Wow, thanks for the heads up!