Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

dmwpepper
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9850

Turning off keypad tone

Hi,

I have a Torch 9850.  I don't want to hear the keypad when I dial.  How can I turn it off when I dial?  I don't want to have to turn off the ringtone to do this.

Thanks!

Forums Veteran I
Ronbob
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: Turning off keypad tone

Hello

Welcome to the Community

You can turn off the keypad tones by going to Options icon on the homescreen, then choose Typing and Input, then go to Keyboard Settings. Just untick the checkbox for Key Tone.

Goodluck

Ron

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up :smileyhappy:

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

As a heads up, it is not possible to turn off the keypad sounds when you dial a phone number. Unfortunately, changing the Keyboard settings will not help in this case and there is nothing you can do for it. I'm not entirely certain what the reason is for this, but...

I hope this info helps!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

dmwpepper

Thanks!

dmwpepper

Hi,

Actually, Ronbob showed me what to do.  Turns out its on page 167.:

Turn on key tones

On the home screen, click the

Options icon.

Click

Typing and Language > Keyboard.

Select Key Tone checkbox to turn on.  Deselect to Turn off.

Press the key >

Save.

Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

You will find that Ronbob's steps won't help. I have a 9860 and even with the Key Tones option turned off, it still beeps when dialing phone numbers.

The Key Tone option is for typing with the normal keyboard (not the device keypad) - when the Key Tone option is turned on, the phone will make a sound for every letter you type. This is useful for those who want some sort of feedback for typing on the virtual keyboard. It is not related to the phone app.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Forums Veteran I
Ronbob
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Yes, sorry my bad. It only turns off the keypad tones for typing but not the beep you hear whem you dial from the dial pad.

Ron
...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up :smileyhappy:

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

dmwpepper

No problem, I just wanted the keypad tones off.

Visitor
AliG47
My Device: Curve

[ Edited ]

If you know the number you want to dial - simply dial it from the homescreen and hit the green call button.
If you don't know the number - go to contacts and select call from there.
Neither of these approaches cause the keypad tones to kick in.