Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
dmomcino
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800

Turning off wireless sync for contacts

Hi,

I am using Desktop Manager and trying to sync my Torch v6 via USB.  I have the desktop software mapped to syncronize the contacts in my MS Outlook personal folder.  The contacts will not sync because the device is set to sync wirelessly. There is an instruction as to how to turn off wireless sync in contacts on the device, however the instruction is not accurate.  It advises to open up contacts, select "options" and turn off wireless sync.  No such option exists.  It also advised to click on the contact list you want to sync and the list from my  personal folders does not appear, only a list related to a web based account. 

So... how do I really sync my outlook contacts - personal folder (not web based) with my device?

axshun
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800

Re: Turning off wireless sync for contacts

I have a 9800 and I was trying to sync my contacts and I had the exact same problem. It was really frustrating but I finally figured it out. I don't know all the details.. I just know how it worked for me. From the homescreen click contacts. Once contacts is open, hit the menu button and click options. Contacts Options will pop up and for me there were 3 options at the top ( Contact Display and Actions, Recent Activites, and AT&T Address Book) then a gray divider line that says "Contact Lists". Under that divider line was my personal email address. I clicked my personal email address and a second window pops up that has THE CHECKBOX.. the one the instructions refer to (THE needle in the haystack). I unchecked that box and magically in desktop manager, after hitting the "configure settings button" it worked. Hope this helps! believe me i know how frustrating it is. The instructions in desktop manager should be more precise!

bappadityasaha
My Device: TORCH 9800

Re: Turning off wireless sync for contacts

This procedure is very correct.

Just now I have done the same, which I was confused from  last 2 days.

Thnks a lot