Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
hbcholoply
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9810
My Carrier: Simple Mobile

Two carriers but no internet

[ Edited ]

Just switched over from T-Mobile to Simple Mobile and I can make and receive calls and text, but I have no internet. I called Simple Mobile and after turning on and off my phone and removing my battery and sim card, they could not help me.  At the end they said my imei number and BB pin were still with T-Mobile.  So I called T-Mobile and after about 45 minutes to an hour of searching their system, they informed that neither my imei number nor my BB pin were with them and, you guessed, they told me to contact Simple Mobile to resolve the issue. I have been going through this back and forth between Simple Mobile and T-Mobile for the past nine days, can someone please help? I have a BB Torch 9810 and my pin is <removed> and yes it's been unlocked for almost three years now.

MOD EDIT: Removed personal information to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Two carriers but no internet

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

From what you describe, one or both of the carriers must resolve this...no on here has any system access to see what is going on. Only the carriers have that access. You might even have to get them both on a conference call so that they can compare what each sees inside of their systems.

But...one thing you need to ask Simple (if you have not already done so). Does their network natively support your specific BB model number for automatic HRT registration and delivery of Service Books? If the answer is not a full YES, then that could actually be your main problem...using a BB model on a network that does not natively support that specific BB model number can be quite challenging indeed, and none of the automated methods will work

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hbcholoply

Actually, I'm returning to Simple Mobile, I was with them for almost a year before going to T-Mobile. And when I was with them previously, my phone worked just fine.  They do have a network that supports my phone and I did have a T-Mobile rep called them and explained to them that they did not have my pin and imei number locked.  I think the issue is with Simple Mobile. The reason I left Simple Mobile and maybe I should have divulged the information initially, is that they had my data service turned off because they claimed I was using it excessively; mind you, it's suppose to be unlimited.  So I believe they still have it turned off even though their reps keep telling me that they starting me off on a clean slate.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Ahhh...more information brings added clarity...thank you! Given that, I can see no other course than for you to continue to work with Simple Mobile. If they need additional assistance, then they can escalate to BlackBerry to seek enhanced support for the issue.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hbcholoply

Thanks, but more than likely and like they did with contacting T-Mobile, they will tell me they cannot contact BB and that BB, instead should contact them.  Is there any contact information of BB that I can give to them?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

We mere end users have no access to the "back channels" that the carriers have access to for escalation purposes. I've never heard of BB contacting a carrier directly for an end user issue...the process has always been, as far as I've ever heard, one of the carrier escalating (via those private "back channels") to BlackBerry in order to receive enhanced support when it is needed.

Consider -- who do you pay for your services? You don't pay BlackBerry...hence, the contractual responsibility for delivery of services is your carrier, and that then includes their responsibility for all formal service-related support.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hbcholoply

Thanks, I kind a figured that much.  Simple Mobi le is still maintaining that the problem is with my phone or the manufacturer.  I don't believe them.  Like the few problems I've read here, when I'm in a free wifi area I can use all my data services except for emails, I can't receive or sent emails.  So what they are telling me that my phone is incapable of getting data or internet services I simply just don't buy. Because if that was true, I wouldn't be able to receive data service even with wifi, or am I coming to the wrong conclustion?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

In general, if your device can function for some BB-proprietary data services (e.g., BBM, email, BB Protect, BBWorld, etc.), then the capability to function for any of them exists. However, each carrier also has various levels of data plans available -- some provide social networking only, some provide email only, some provide different combinations of the BB-proprietary services. I've no idea what service plan you have from Simple, so I can't tell you what you should expect -- except that you should expect it to function for whatever mix of BB-proprietary services that you are paying Simple to deliver. And you further should expect that to function via either WiFi or the carrier data network (unless they tell you otherwise...there are rare cases of some carriers not allowing BIS services via WiFi).

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.