Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Danmc99
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: Vodafone.ie
Accepted Solution

Two gmail addresses

Hi,

Does someone know how to work more than one gmail address on the BB Torch 9860?

If I set-up a 2nd address, how do I switch between one and the other? Do I see all mails from both addresses together on the screen, and if so, how do I know which one I am replying to?

Hope someone can help with this thanks :Flowers:

Dan

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Two gmail addresses

[ Edited ]

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

By default, all messages (email, SMS, BBM, etc.) are put into the main Messages icon/app. Some prefer this "unified messages" approach, others prefer to separate things. When using two accounts from the same provider, that could indeed become more challenging to remember which you are working with. Fortunately, the BB provides the ability to split things out according to your desires, and there should be no issue integrating two GMail accounts to the same BB (but for what you are concerned about, of course!).

Your 9860 should have
the option to allow you to dictate what shows in Messages:

• Homescreen > Messages > blackberry_logo.jpg > Options > (Main Message List Settings) or (Inbox Settings) or (Inbox Management)
  • Uncheck what you want to suppress from Messages, enabling a separate icon for those you uncheck

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Danmc99

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt reply. Yes, I've unchecked one account, which leaves me looking at just one of the accounts on the messages tab.

Now, if I want to switch to the other account and see the messages in it alone, do I need to do the same procedure, recheck it, and uncheck the other ... or is there a quicker way ???

Thanks,
Dan
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Each account that you uncheck should have it's own icon on your homescreen, which then gives you a messages list just for that one account. So your procedure, given what you describe, is to leave the main Messages app and select the homescreen icon that is for just the one account (doing the reverse to see messages from the other account). There is no need to change the settings...the icon you select from your homescreen will control what you see in that specific messages list.

Conceivably, you could uncheck them both...and then have two additional icons, leaving the main Messages app for messages from other (non-email) channels. The main Messages app is a consolidator...it brings in messages from all channels that you allow..and emails are only a subset of "messages"...there are many other kinds of messages.

So, it is your choice as to how many messages icons to have...you can have one for each email account, and then leave the Main Messages app for just non-email. Or you can use the consolidation capabilities of the main Messages app. It's your choice.

Hope that helps!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Danmc99

Yes, that is perfect thanks ! A really good answer, I've unchecked both and just have the non-email messages in the message folder, and have a separate icon for each email address ..... top marks to you !!!!!

Thanks,
Dan
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

You are most welcome...enjoy!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.