Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

UK 9800 release penny pinching

Well fair enough release delayed by a week. I needed a Sim free as managed to wash my Bold 9700 and was keeping my existing contract with T-mobile. It was not coverd under phone insurance for Washing Machine, ( thank you T-mobile) it was covered under house contents luckly.

Gummobile.com claimed to have to stock for despatch the same day I ordered  this was the same day that contact 9800 were in the Phones4U shops. Later in the day I contacted them as no item dispatched email had been received.

Now it gets annoying Gummobile tell me they have the Stock but Rim wont allow them to be shipped for several days. I rang Rim UK and was assured that they do not hold back stock once shipped to distributors. So who is telling porkies?

So it arrives on the Thursday and there is no case included, all my past Blackberry's case was included, I had missed seeing this was not included on Gummobiles website. I am using the one from my 9700 bold and is working ok. I have ordered one off e-Bay so we will see how good it is.

But what was on the included list was the US clip for the charger so we only have the UK and Euro Clip.

Gummobile say the have Checked with Rim and Rim decided not to included the US clip in the UK/Euro model after the whats is in the box details were published. So two instances of penny pinching. Yet they can't even list the case as an accessory on the website just comming soon.

I have also found it impossible to email Blackberry with regard to these issues, you just get the email rejected. Not a Happy Customer

Solutions: 6,122
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: UK 9800 release penny pinching

You should know two things:

a. This is a user-to-user community support forum. It is not intended for messages for RIM. Volunteers (not RIM employees) frequent the forum here to assist other users.

b. It is the service provider for the device who decides what is included "in the box", not RIM. For example, in the US, AT&T did not include a holster or pouch either. It would have been nice, for the price, but...

So, for that matter, you might take up the issue with Orange, or whoever distributed the device to your seller.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I am sorry if you did not like my posting  rant at Rim, but I would like to point out a few things regarding  your reply where things may be a little different in UK.

In the UK it is possible to buy what is called a Simfree handset this is a handset which will take any network simcard and has no network branded software hence no AT&T, orange etc  or other logos on startup on the handset. Therefore there is no Service provider to come to an arrangement with Rim as to what goes in the box.

As I said in my posting I found it impossible to email Rim/Blackberry from the Uk website my email was just rejected.

This was posted to convey to others especially in UK my experiences on my purchase if they are not already owners of a 9800.

The case I got from eBay  (£2.95) which arrived today  was a Blackberry  HDW-1600-002 which was marked for 9*** series it not such as nice a case as the one that came with the 9700 which seems a little to short for the 9800. So will have to wait for correct one to appear on the UK website.

Solutions: 6,122
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

tjxkeith wrote:

I am sorry if you did not like my posting  rant at Rim,

I didn't say i didn't "like" your posting.

tjxkeith wrote:

In the UK it is possible to buy what is called a Simfree handset this is a handset which will take any network simcard and has no network branded software hence no AT&T, orange etc  or other logos on startup on the handset. Therefore there is no Service provider to come to an arrangement with Rim as to what goes in the box. 

Yes, I know what your UK SIM-free BlackBerrys are all about. Got that.

But just so you know, there is still vendor, whether Carphonewharehouse or someone, orders the devices packaged to their specification.

Even your device has a vendor code on it, even if you don't know it. I know that too.

So anyway, like I said, this forum is for user support by other volunteers, that was my main information for you. Hope you understand that.

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code