Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
shishirules
My Device: torch 9860

UNABLE TO BOOT TORCH9860

I am unable to start my blackberry torch 9860 as it stops booting up after running for certain percentage of booting line.

This causing me lots of problem. Please help me out.

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: UNABLE TO BOOT TORCH9860

Hi shishirules

Have you recently installed any application before this Problem started ? Think carefully any new application , theme , wallpaper or any recent app update !

If you have then try to boot your device on Safe Mode , On Safe Mode delete any application which you think might be responsible for this issue , from Options > Device > Application Manegement > locate and delete any newly installed 3rd party application , it might help in resolving your issue :

KB17877 : How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

KB10040 : How to view or remove installed application on a blackberry smartphone

However .. If you fail to boot your device on safe mode or your device fails to boot then to recover your device from this situation you have to reload the OS by following this Knowledge Base :

KB10144  : How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader.

I hope you have a backup of your device data because this method will delete all user data from that device.Try it and let us know .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Visitor
nicnat
My Device: touch

Hi, I have had similar problems with torch 9800. I have spent a long time, updating my blackberry desktop and are now trying to repair the phone, as instructed in the last step. Hoevever everytime I do, it says failure-it only gets to about 10 %. my internet connection is fine, so thats not the problem. I realy need to sort this asap, any advice?

Thank you in advance for your help

prince2012 wrote:

Hi shishirules

Have you recently installed any application before this Problem started ? Think carefully any new application , theme , wallpaper or any recent app update !

If you have then try to boot your device on Safe Mode , On Safe Mode delete any application which you think might be responsible for this issue , from Options > Device > Application Manegement > locate and delete any newly installed 3rd party application , it might help in resolving your issue :

KB17877 : How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

KB10040 : How to view or remove installed application on a blackberry smartphone

However .. If you fail to boot your device on safe mode or your device fails to boot then to recover your device from this situation you have to reload the OS by following this Knowledge Base :

KB10144  : How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader.

I hope you have a backup of your device data because this method will delete all user data from that device.Try it and let us know .

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

nicnat wrote:

Hi, I have had similar problems with torch 9800. I have spent a long time, updating my blackberry desktop and are now trying to repair the phone, as instructed in the last step. Hoevever everytime I do, it says failure-it only gets to about 10 %. my internet connection is fine, so thats not the problem. I really need to sort this asap, any advice?

Thank you in advance for your help

Hi nicnat

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Are you trying to update your BlackBerry by following the above KB Article ? 

Currently what is your device status , Is it able to boot or is desktop software recognize your device when you connect it ? 

Please let us know in detail about your device issues .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Trusted Contributor
kruz_k
My Device: Z10,torch 9860, curve 8520, 8700c

Hello shishirues and nicnat,

I have faced the same when I got my blackberry 8520, I would like to say that, please download latest OS for your mobile and make sure that no other old software of your mobile version is installed. If installed, please uninstall it and install the new OS for your mobile. Then go to apploader and follow steps to install your new OS and your BB gets updated and make sure you did *BACK UP OF YOUR DEVICE COMPLETELY*. 

Here are the steps:

*Make sure you can view hidden files and folders in Windows Explorer (Tools > Folder Options > View > Show hidden files and folders).

*On Windows Vista/7 navigate to C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)

C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\App Loader\

*On Windows XP navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)

Remove/Delete the vendor.xml file and you're done.

Go to C:\\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\loader and install from loader.

:smileyhappy:

Let us know if you still face any problem.

Proudful & loyal Blackberry supporter ..

throwing mud at others makes you happy now but in future you might end up in sinking in mud lake.. wake up b4 it happens. Be secure
New Contributor
shishirules
My Device: torch 9860

After all the tricks been told and applied my phone is still not working. 

Please give me some suggestions.

Trusted Contributor
kruz_k
My Device: Z10,torch 9860, curve 8520, 8700c

hi shishirules,

Is there any change or facing the same old problem?

Proudful & loyal Blackberry supporter ..

throwing mud at others makes you happy now but in future you might end up in sinking in mud lake.. wake up b4 it happens. Be secure