Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800

URGENT: Frozen While Installing Update

My BB Desktop Software froze on my while installing the latest update for my Torch and I had to force quit.

When I first started installing, I made sure to check data backup. Now when I try to restore the backup, the backup is not in the backups folder.

Is all my data still on the BB and should I try to install the software again? Should I back it up again?

PLEASE help.

Thanks.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: URGENT: Frozen While Installing Update

If you've backed up your data, you should have no problem.

Open Desktop Manager and click Restore.  Your backup files should be there.  Choose the most recent one and go from there.  Perhaps your most recent backup is not there, but are any others in the file?  Reverting to one that is not the most recent should prove to work for you.

As for installing any software again, try to backup your phone with an older file if there are any available.  Failing that, installing device software might be necessary.

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Contributor

Hi BillJ,

When I click restore, the only backup file I see is from October 2010. This is a very old backup. Have I lost everything between now and then? 

This BB Desktop Software really doesn't work very well. I've had this happen to me twice now.

Thanks.

Solutions: 6,153
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

MalwareFighter wrote:

the only backup file I see is from October 2010.

Malware, is that the last time you backed up... do you recall doing so more recently?

Search your PC for any *.ipd file, normally they are saved to you My Documents folder, but could be saved elsewhere.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
Contributor

I ended up doing another backup and installing the OS again and everything is back to normal now.

Thank you.