Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

My Device: Blackberry 9850
My Carrier: Lime Jamaica

[URGENT] Torch 9850 wont turn on after updating, gets stuck at 60 - 70% went booting up, and if I try to start it in safe mode it gets to 60% and shuts off.

Hello everyone how are you? Im having a problem as you can see with my 9850. One day i woke up and it wouldn't turn on, did battery pulls and still nothing. It was fully charged too. I connected it to the computer and updated it. During update error messages came up saying it couldnt connect to app loader. Eventually updating was complete. It booted up and stopped at about 60%-70% and stayed there for hours until it shut off by itself (probably the battery died). I did a batt pull and the same thing happened. i wiped the device with bbsak, reloaded the OS, and got the same result. Even the whole app loader error message came up again. Went to the forums to find a solution and tried opening in safe mode. Everytime i try to open in safe mode the phone shuts off and reboots. So now i have run out of options. Can someone please help me get my phone back up and running please. Id really appreciate it.

Solutions: 6,124
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: [URGENT] Torch 9850 wont turn on after updating, gets stuck at 60 - 70% went booting up, and if I try to start it in safe mode it gets to 60% and shuts off.

You might try again, wiping with BBSAK and again loading the OS fresh.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code