Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

UTUBE (youtube)

I am unable to play videos via youtube I have no problems with playing media on any other sites apart from youtube??? I can open the page but when I attempt to play a video it shows on the screen this message - An error has occurred when attempting to play media. Vodafone have not been a great help I hope that there is someone who can !!!
Solutions: 6,095
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: UTUBE (youtube)

Try using the URL "m.youtube.com"

Or, get the YouTube app in AppWorld.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

No the URL is not working for me and the youtube player you can get from app world is coming up with this message - an error has occurred when attemting to play media check data plan - I am a pay and go user and I have 1 valid data pack and I have also already paid for BB internet access! This problem I have with youtube is either to do with the handset itself or the mobile internet connection I think!
Solutions: 6,095
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

mr8lack wrote:
 an error has occurred when attemting to play media check data plan - I am a pay and go user and I have 1 valid data pack and I have also already paid for BB internet access!

Yea but.

Even with what you think is the proper data plan, if it is not THE BlackBerry Data Plan which includes AppWorld access, it's not the right one.

I don't know who your mobile provider is (you might complete your profile here, so we can see) but you need to call them and inquire.

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Z10

As all Blackberry users are aware that Youtube works only on Wi-Fi services and not smoothly on data services (green/black patches, etc.).. None of the fixes worked -- Youtube optimize, Xenozu player, Vuclip works (all vidoes not available and no linking from facebook)..

However, the ultimate Blackberry Youtube fix is here!! No apps, no settings!

The trick is HTML5 (http://www.youtube.com/html5) --- visit this link now from your Blackberry smartphone and scroll down to the bottom of the page and click 'Join the HTML5 trial' & voila all the youtube videos will work smoothly over your 3g and edge network!!

Well almost all! Videos with advertisements will not work (will require flash) & HTML5 is not enabled for m.youtube.com..

Videos can be viewed in fulscreen.. Make sure to login to your google account so as to maintain the settings and enjoy your videos!!
Amazing BlackBerry 10