Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Struggling23
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

Re: UnSync windows messenger contacts

Did you guys figure out how to unsync facebook from  your Blackberry contacts and calender?? Please help me!

Please use plain text.
Retired
hmthepirate
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Struggling23 wrote:

Did you guys figure out how to unsync facebook from  your Blackberry contacts and calender?? Please help me!

Hello Struggling23,

In your BlackBerry Facebook application, hit your Menu key and go to Options. Remove the check marks from Connect to BlackBerry Contacts and Calendar. Hit Menu to Save and reboot your BlackBerry by doing a battery pull.

Let me know how you make out.

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Struggling23
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

Hey I did all that but it still didn't work! So I went to my contacts and calender and manually deleted all the pictures and events (took me 2+ hours) but is there anyway I can remove the facebook calender option all together?

Thank you for your help!

Please use plain text.
Retired
hmthepirate
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Struggling23 wrote:

Hey I did all that but it still didn't work! So I went to my contacts and calender and manually deleted all the pictures and events (took me 2+ hours) but is there anyway I can remove the facebook calender option all together?

Thank you for your help!

You can delete the service book for this by going to Options>Advanced Options>Service Book and look for Facebook [CICAL]. Highlight it, hit Menu key and select Delete.

Let me know how you make out :smileyhappy:

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Rhionnan
My Device: Torch

Hello, I just added a yahoo account and accidentally synced the contacts - thus having the same issue as above where there are emails that have no phone numbers etc.  I want to delete them from my phone but dont want to do it one by one.  I know there is a way to do this by removing something out of the service books i think.  I have already unchecked the sync option for my yahoo acct and even tried to do a restore of my backup contacts from 2hrs ago.  It didnt do anything.  Please help!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Rhionnan

PS.. i just removed the yahoo address cical but entries are still there.

Please use plain text.
tcastricone
My Device: tourch 9810

the unsync worked for two of my emails but it would not unsync my default email. it shows the place where I should be able to unclick the box to not sync my emails but it is faded and will not let me un click it. I am so beyond frustrated with this I am ready to pay the money to buy a different phone. I even updated the bb version and it still will not let me unsync the contacts. if the default options would desplay just the default contacts, i would be happy with that too.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Rhionnan

Hi TC - I looked back on my notes from when this happened to me and I spoke w tech support. Here's what I have - if you sync to outlook and everything is still ok there, you should be able to use the desktop software program and click Device, delete data, address book and adress book all. Delete the data phone will have no contacts in it. Do a sync from Outlook to device. It should only have additions. If there are deletions - reject changes and cancel sync.

You can do a config settings and reconfigure as if new bb.

I hope this helps! I would be ready to call ur carrier and talk to them and have them escalate it to RIM if they can't help u _ because for You to call RIM directly it will cost u money but to go through your carrier, and go thru their BS options and then when they can't figure out the prob they will transfer you WITH a case number to RIM. Note, whenever my carrier tries to get me to wipe my phone completely I fight them - I won't do that unless someone at RIM says I have to.
Please use plain text.
stevie_british
My Device: 9800

im having the same problem and nothing i seem to do works all my contacts are sync from 2 email address that i have on the phone.. none of the suggestions made above was able to help me plz help me i am really beging to get fustrated PLZ PLZ PLZ HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.