10-09-2012 10:27 AM
I'm unable to load Device Software to my phone. Have tried with various Bundle from Various Carriers, still there seems to be no luck at all. Its basically dead now with no OS on it. I've tried with various Version of DM and DS, still nothing seems to be working what so ever.
My exact problem is, it's stuck at "Reconnecting to JVM" and that's it, nothing happens after that. There is a continuous blink of red light for seconds and that's it.
I have tried all possible solutions given in this forum, still no avail.
Could someone please help with this as a matter of urgency.
Appreciate your help.
10-09-2012 10:48 AM
Manual device OS upgrade instructions:
1. First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.
2. Do a backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion and unplug BlackBerry. Get DM here http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/
3. Download the OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
4. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
5. This step is not needed unless there is an issue on next steps. Use BBSAK from BBSAK.org and wipe the device (after doing a complete backup) then after you get the error 507 (no OS installed) then proceed to step 6
6. remove internet connection to PC and reboot PC.
7. Plug in BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file was in.
8. if you did Step 5, restore from back up. Follow this KB if needed http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10339
Enjoy the new OS.
10-09-2012 11:07 AM
10-09-2012 11:09 AM
have you tried step 5 to nuke it?