Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
LoveKizzy
My Device: Blackberry Torch

Unable to log into Facebook, Twitter or Windows Live Messenger

I got a new torch this week and I'm having problems logging into Facebook, Twitter, and WLM. I have BIS set up, and I'm receiving my emails fine, I am also connected to my home WIFI. When I try to log into Facebook I get the message 'We cannot reach the Facebook server at this time. Please try again later. (100)' When I try to log into Twitter I get the message 'Twitter services currently unavailable' When I try to log into WLM I get the message 'Data Services Unavailable' Hope someone can help, its driving me nuts lol
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981
My Device: Z10

Re: Unable to log into Facebook, Twitter or Windows Live Messenger

Do you have a full blackberry data plan rather than just email only?

Contributor
LoveKizzy

As far as I'm aware I have, where would I be able to find out?

Forums Veteran I
jamead1981

Give your carrier a call

Contributor
LoveKizzy

Spoke to them and it is now sorted.  Thanks for the help 

Visitor
JodieParsons2B
My Device: 9800 Torch

Hi!

I got the 9800 torch yesterday and was having the same problems but mine was crashing on the setup screen so I returned it for a new one.

All seemed well and good untill I tried to sign into Twitter, Facebook and MSL. I get the same messages!

Please someone help!

I am with T Mobile, they have told me that they are having problems with BB apps but I have spoke to 2 others on T mobile with BB's and they aren't having any problems at all.

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Jodie, as jamead1981 stated, in order to use any of these services you have to have a BlackBerry data plan with your carrier.  Different carriers have different plans but all will have atleast one that is specific to BlackBerry users.

If you're getting the same messages from all three of these services (all of which require a BlackBerry data plan, by the way), then there's a good chance your current data is not adequate for BlackBerry services.

Call your carrier to verify the status of your data plan.

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
SteMc
My Device: Torch 9800

Hi

I have the same problem, on twitter "twitter services are currently unavailable", on facebook "we are unable to reach the facebook server at this time (1400".

I am the BES administrator for my company and need to get this working for our senior management. I have tried almost everything I can, with no joy.

I've installed a different app on my torch (seesmic), which worked for twitter, but then if i try and log into the twitter app, from then on seesmic doesnt work anymore!

If any other bes administrators have had similar issues, Id be so grateful for help on this

thanks

Forums Veteran I
jamead1981

SteMc,

Is the Public Social Networking IT Policy enabled on the BES server?

jamead

New Contributor
SteMc
My Device: Torch 9800

Hi

thanks for responding - i've applied a completely blank policy - so that would be enabled on the blank policy

cheers though

ste