If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
arinds
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9860
My Carrier: Batelco

Unable to login to my Blackberry ID account

I have upgraded my old blackberry to a Torch 9860 and my old phone data was transferred, i can access my enterprise email. After downloading the Blackberry App World's latest version i am not able to login to the Blackberry ID account, while my username and password is valid as i am able to log in to the website using the same ID and PW. Can someone help, nothing is working except the telphone and enterprise email, i am not able to setup my yahoo email or gmail accounts, coz everytime its leading to the verify Blackberry ID screen and when i key in it says " Unable to login to your Blackberry ID account" its not telling wrong password, there must be something i am missing during the setup process. Thanks in advance for the help, i am hopeful to get a useful help. Regards, arindam
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Unable to login to my Blackberry ID account

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I cannot tell for sure from your post -- what, exactly, happens when you enter your BB ID credentials? Some error message? If so, what is the exact and complete text of the message?

Thanks!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
arinds
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9860
My Carrier: Batelco

Hi Thanks for your reply,

I have posted the exact message i am getting after entering my credentials.

"Unable to login to your Blackberry ID account".

Let me know if there are any solution other than wiping the handset again and trying, which is not going to be a good option.

Regards,

arindam

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Here is a KB that discusses that error:

• KB28212 "Unable to login to your BlackBerry ID account" or "Unable to update your BlackBerry ID account information" error occurs on a BlackBerry smartphone running BlackBerry 7

Hopefully it contains something useful!

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
_aniiii
My Device: torch 9810
My Carrier: orange

this has happened to me, i got my torch 9810 last month and i still can't find a solution if i were you i'd take it back, i wish i'd never got this phone, but now i download my apps from my computer and transfer them to my phone :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
andreatlr
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Orange

This has happened to me. As usual it is impossible to get in touch with Blackberry and my app world has disappeared from my log in on the computer so I can't even buy apps that way. Getting pretty sick of it now - always loved blackberry but this is getting beyond a joke!

Please use plain text.
Parisa_86
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Orange

This just happened to me, and finally managed to make it work. I restored my blackberry to factory settings, and when I switched it on, allowed it to do the whole introduction video, and setup pages. It then asked me to log into blackberry app world and it finally accepted my email address and password! Result. I then plugged it into my computer to restore my contacts etc

I definitely think this was the problem, because when I first got my new phone I just plugged it straight it and restored everything to my backup. This never allowed the old phone to be cut off or whatever. 

Hope this helps! I called orange and they were no help, just made me switch it off and on which obviously didn't work. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lauraaajane
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: orange

this has happened to me. ive just updated to bold 9900, everything was wokring fine for first few days but now cant log into app world. password and log in are correct. have deleted all data and restored it but still having the same problem. everything else works perfectly, still recieving emails but just cant log into my bb id. would like to reset to factory settings but not sure how to do this on my phone or using blackberry desktop software. currently updating my device to see it that works 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Nan977
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: mobily

I have the same problem

my divice BB Torch 9810

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Chrisfr
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: BT

Hello,

Same problem here. Torch 9860 is brand new, came with previous (?) version. As asked, I upgraded it for 7.0 and since, no way to connect to the BB ID which works perfectly when connecting through the web. Since it doesn't connect, I can't create an email account nor access the App World. I tried to find the path for downgrading as explained here but there is no such thing in the menu, it does only the lookup for upgrades. I tried the reboot method removing both the battery and the sim card but it doesn't work.

This is very annoying, especially because of the mails that I can't get on my BB. When will the bug be fixed ?

Thanks

Please use plain text.