Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
chotianil
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: AT &T
Accepted Solution

Unable to use my phone

My BB torch is behaving weird. Since last 2 days, my touch screen or the buttons are not functioning. I tried removing the battery and keep it for 1 hour to over night to reset. However everytime i connect the battery back to the handset, it is automatically turning on the phone while i expected it to wait for me to press the turn on button. In the process it is continuing the same behaviour restricting me to do any operation, including unable to receive calls. Kindly advise as this is a workstopper for me.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
pkcable
My Device: Z30/Xperia Z Ultra
My Carrier: Verizon/T-Mobile

Re: Unable to use my phone

Could be you need an OS reload or update.  Try this quickfix.  Try connecting the device to Desktop Manager on your PC.  Often this can fix it.  DM will detect that your software needs and update and will automatically do it.  Please note this only works on the more recent OSs (and this does not apply to BB10 which uses BB Link another OS manager program)

Rich C (PKcable)
From Crackberry.com

If I have been helpful please click like! Use the Thumbs up icon below this message. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
chotianil
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: AT &T

Re: Unable to use my phone

Rich, Thanks for your advice. Even though there were no updates, first time i installed Desktop PC s/w and then did import pics, tool back up and also uninstalled one s/w which was not required and my phone started working. Not sure which one helped, but am happy phone is working now :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.