Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

peeweejd
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: AT&T
Accepted Solution

Uninstall Blackberry Messenger

How do you uninstall blackberry messenger?  It won't uninstall the usual ways and a bunch of methods I googled don't work either.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Boomer56
My Device: BlackBerry 9900

Re: Uninstall Blackberry Messenger

How have you attempted to uninstall it?

The only way to do so is to go into your Options icon, then Device>Application Management.  Scroll to BlackBerry Messenger, select it, then press the Delete button.

Your device will require a reboot, but that should definitely uninstall it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Please use plain text.
peeweejd
My Device: 9800

Thanks, I must be stupid :-p
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Boomer56
My Device: BlackBerry 9900

peeweejd wrote:
Thanks, I must be stupid :-p

Nah.  You just learned something new.  :smileyhappy:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dabrams
My Device: Blackberry Bold
My Carrier: Verizon

There is no Delete selection when I try to do it this way. Any other way to do it? The other applications do have a Delete option but BBM doesn't.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Mauditie
My Device: Blackberry 8900
My Carrier: Student

I have the exact same problem!! Can't find Delete selection there
Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) is a core app that cannot be deleted.  If you don't use it, while on your phone's homescreen highlight the BBM icon, press the menu key and select Hide.  This will put it out of view however it will remain active on your phone.

I hope that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dabrams
My Device: Blackberry Bold
My Carrier: Verizon

I have V6 OS and I was able to delete it, but I don't remember the steps I took!

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

I couldn't delete it, either using my phone (OS 7.1) or BlackBerry Desktop Software.

Cheers. :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
jobean18
My Device: blackberry torch 9850
My Carrier: verizon wireless

my software is the OS 7.0.1, i was able to uninstall it once before, but i just connected it to my computer and it reinstalled it and i dont want it on there at all and it wont close so its just draining my battery. any way to get the app closed completely?

Please use plain text.