Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
mmeinersmann
My Device: Torch 9810
Accepted Solution

Universal Search not finding/showing certain search results, especially text messages

Initially universal search properly finds and shows all search results but after a while it stops finding or showing certain results, especially text messages. Any solution to this?

Retired
RandomHero
My Device: 9900

Re: Universal Search not finding/showing certain search results, especially text messages

Can you provide a more specific example?When you are searching for text messages, what is it that you are searching for? What does it provide for results?

Contributor
mmeinersmann

Re: Universal Search not finding/showing certain search results, especially text messages

For example, when entering a contact name as search criteria, it initally finds and shows all items that match the search including the text messages to/from this contact, but after a while it doesn't show any texts as search results anymore. It still finds and shows the other results like the contact itself, email messages, etc.

Retired
RandomHero

I know this might be a bad question to ask, but the text messages are not being moved or deleted are they?

Hope this helps.

Contributor
mmeinersmann

No they are still there, just not found/shown by universal search. After a restart search finds/shows them again, only to "lose" them again after a while.

Retired
RandomHero

Are there any other items on your device that the universal search seems to overlook? Messages, pictures, etc?

Contributor
mmeinersmann

No, only text messages as far as I can see, and only after some time.
Retired
RandomHero

Try the following:

1. Backup your device

2. Perform a security wipe:  http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB14058

3. Test the search feature. (See if the search is consistent)

4. Restore your backup. (Test to see if the search is consistent)

Hope this helps.

Contributor
mmeinersmann

I have wiped and restored the device several times. I have also exchanged the Torch once. This did not fix the problem with universal search "losing" search results. It appears a BB OS 6 bug.

Retired
RandomHero

Did you test before restoring data? So once you wiped the device, did you test to see if the search was still able to find all the results it should?

I suggest testing before restoring any data to the device.

Hope this helps.