Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
torchlover212
My Device: Torch
Accepted Solution

Unlock BlackBerry Torch 9800

How do i unlock my BlackBerry Torch 9800 ?
New Contributor
bblover212
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Unlock BlackBerry Torch 9800

1. Insert any sim card 2. Turn off all of the wireless connections 3. Go to Options 4. Select Device 5. Select Advanced System Settings 6. Select SIM Card 7. Type MEPD ( you will not be able to see what you are typing ) 8. Type MEP2 ( you will not be able to see what you are typing ) 9. Now the phone will prompt you to enter network mep code 10. Enter the network unlock code ( you can get your unlock code from here)
New Contributor
torchlover212
My Device: Torch

Thanks for the this invaluable tutorial, let me split this instructions to be one per line .

1. Insert any sim card
2. Turn off all of the wireless connections
3. Go to Options
4. Select Device
5. Select Advanced System Settings
6. Select SIM Card
7. Type MEPD ( you will not be able to see what you are typing )
8. Type MEP2 ( you will not be able to see what you are typing )
9. Now the phone will prompt you to enter network mep code
10. Enter the network unlock code ( you can get your unlock code from here)
New Contributor
random6655

Can anyone verify that the above instructions work?  I ask as I would like to buy a Blackberry Torch as a gift for someone whose US mobile phone service provider is T-mobile, rather than AT&T.

Thank you,

Colin

New Contributor
random6655

As someone who is trying hard to buy a Blackberry, I am amazed at how difficult this is: Blackberry itself doesn't have an easy way for potential customers to contact it; it also doesn't apparently have anyone monitoring these support fora.

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Your carrier is the first line in support for your device or the place you bought it from, from there you can have your issue escaleted to RIM from their support.

You dont call Japan when your Toyota is broke do you? NO, you goto the dealer.

You can call RIM anytime you want, but be prepared to pay for the support call.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
random6655

Thank you for your reply knottyrope.  I am not currently a Blackberry owner; as I have explained, I am trying to buy a Blackberry for someone else as a gift.  

Thus, I do not have a service provider to call: my intended recipient does, and I am therefore trying to find out how to unlock the AT&T Torch for use with T-mobile.  Any advice would be most appreciated.

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

See Horizon Wireless Online for BB unlocks, parts and accessories

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
random6655

Thank you knottyrope.

The Horizon Wireless homepage has, at its top, a link to a page advertising Torch unlocks; following the link takes one to http://www.horizonwirelessonline.com/cat/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4_219_220&products_i... that explains "Sorry, the product was not found"

paesdealmeida
My Device: Blacberry Torch 9800

[ Edited ]

Yes, they do work. It is simple. Go ahead and do it. I just did. It took me 3 minutes to get it up and running with my brazilian carrier (bought the AT&T Torch in the US). You just wont get your BIS service up until you contract/setup it with your carrier.