Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
BBer95
My Device: Torch 9810

Unlock MEP code

Hi there,

I can't remeber the official web site name to obtain the unlock code for my BB torch 9810.

Can someone help asap ?

I'm not looking for an unsafe www.  There is only one Web site to get the code for some USD.

Thanks

BBer95

Super Contributor
fischersd
My Device: iPhone 5s

Re: Unlock MEP code

Why not just get it from your carrier?  Typically they provide this once you're out of contract (some charge a fee).

New Contributor
BBer95

Tx for your answer.

I'm not the first owner of it. I bought it on Ebay. At that time, my carrier was Orange. I moved and it is locked of course.

They gave me a code but it's a wrong one. The only way is to get the good one from RIM. I don't care if I have to pay.  I need it to use it.

BBer95

Super Contributor
fischersd
My Device: iPhone 5s

That's not true.  The carriers have the codes.  RIM can't/won't give out the codes for carrier locked devices - it's in their agreement with the carriers that lock their devices.

Pretty sure the websites that offer the unlock codes are carrier employees using their access on the side.

New Contributor
BBer95

I already experienced this in the past for other old phones (Bosh). At the beginning of the GSM.

I have to call Bosh to get it.

I worked for a cell phone manufacturers for 15 years. And even if you are right saying that carriers might have all codes to unlock SIMs and SIM lock Phones, in the real life, it's different.

The best way to avoid conflict and save time is to go to the manufacturer.

I prefer to go that way but I need the good name of the web site.

Any clue ?

Tx

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.3.1.2072), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

There is no clue, because there is no such site. As was stated, BB does not release MEP codes for MEP locked BBs. What other manufacturers do is irrelevant...this is how BB does it.

There are plenty of fee-based services that will provide you the code, and even some that will provide it for free. All come with the usual "use at your own risk" warnings, and can be found by spending just a few seconds with your favorite internet search engine. For further information, refer:

But, again, there is no official site nor method to obtain an MEP unlock code from BlackBerry. None.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
jobelleza
My Device: curve 8520

There is a free legit clean site. I just unlocked my torch 9800 a few hours ago. Reply to my private message if you still need to unlock your phone.
sherley678raii
My Device: 9500

BBer95 wrote:

Hi there,

I can't remeber the official web site name to obtain the unlock code for my BB torch 9810.

Can someone help asap ?

I'm not looking for an unsafe www.  There is only one Web site to get the code for some USD.

Thanks

BBer95

I will help you..

giulia123
My Device: 9320

Hey, I need to unlock my Blackberry 9320 with the MEP code and it's driving me mad.. Can you please help me?

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.3.1.2072), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

giulia123 wrote:

Hey, I need to unlock my Blackberry 9320 with the MEP code and it's driving me mad.. Can you please help me?

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Everything you need to know is already posted in this thread, as well as the thread linked in post 6 above. In that other thread, there are recommendations to trusted unlocking services. I cannot vouch for (nor refute, for that matter) the folks above in this thread that have made such offers.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code