Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
michi30885
My Device: Blackberry Z10, PlayBook
My Carrier: 3
Accepted Solution

Unlocked Blackberry Torch - set network settings

Hi everyone, hope I'm not repeating my message! I basically got an unlocked Torch with no network identifiers whatsoever and because I've got a 3 UK SIM, I'm hoping to configure my unlocked Torch to access the services available to my current phone. I've got information on the settings that need to be input into the phone, but not sure how to get it onto the phone? If anybody can guide me in the right direction, I'd be really grateful! I'd like to do it myself if possible, but if not I'll phone up or bring my phone to a 3 store to get it configured.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Boomer56
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Unlocked Blackberry Torch - set network settings

Welcome to the Forums!

I think what you're looking for will be found in Options>Device>Advanced System Settings>TCP IP.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE (Orange)

If you want to use all the features of your phone like BBM, email, blackberry browser and app world you will need a blackberry data plan.

Call Three's customer services and have them ensure the Blackberry service is enabled on your contract and all the correct settings will be pushed to your phone.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
michi30885
My Device: Blackberry Z10, PlayBook
My Carrier: 3

[ Edited ]

Boomer56 wrote:

Welcome to the Forums!

I think what you're looking for will be found in Options>Device>Advanced System Settings>TCP IP.

thanks for that information, Boomer56! i did put the settings onto my Blackberry using the information you gave me, but it wasn't until the Blackberry add on got added to my current plan that I could access the internet settings and set up the browser and all that!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
vernon008
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: vodafone

i have too same model no. phone i had same problem then i got a link myblacberrycode.com this is very fast service i got my solution with in 5mins.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
ravennamox101
My Device: blackberry torch 9850/9860
My Carrier: fido

What the numbers
Please use plain text.