Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
PPATEL28
My Device: 9800 Torch

Unrecognised orange face symbol on 9800 home screen - explanation required please!

Hi I have had my Torch for just over a month and in the last few days, a funny orange face symbol - reminds me of a pumpkin, appears on my home screen where notifications about messages/emails appear. I have tried to press it and on the dropdown list where a missed call etc would appear, nothing is listed. I wouldn't mind it being there as decorational but the most annoying thing is it makes the LED indicator flash as if it were a text message and worst of all, the LED won't stop flashing even on the "all alerts off" profile. Help!

thanks 

PPATEL28

New Contributor
aconchas
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: Unrecognised orange face symbol on 9800 home screen - explanation required please!

Prob ur social feeds
New Contributor
PPATEL28
My Device: 9800 Torch

Re: Unrecognised orange face symbol on 9800 home screen - explanation required please!

Hi Thanks. I worked it out yesterday by going through everything installed on my phone - It was an update for ChalkPlayer, a piece of soft ware I downloaded to run the pretty unimpressive Deloitte Leadership Academy so I have deleted both of them - problem solved!