Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
Phil_LatAm
My Device: Torch 9860, software rel 7.0 bundle 1549
My Carrier: Entel Chile

Unwanted files not visible via Desktop

Hello

I received my Torch due to my work, an evaluation unit given away by RIM in my region (finally a freebie after 11 years of covering the telecom sector!).

I notice that the Documents to Go section has 100s of pdfs - about service level agreements and warranties in various countries. Some are as big as 5MB, so I want to delete them. (I'm guessing there are 200 - it takes 21 swipes of my finger to scroll down to the bottom of the list)

Trouble is.. when I connect to BBerry Desktop I can't find these files anywhere!  Documents to Go shows up as empty.

On the device, when I click on Docs to Go this opens up as 'all files', with a folder icon saying Browse, and all these pdfs listed below that. 'Browse' leads to the folder groupings for camera, audiobooks, docs, music, etc. and the pdfs do not appear to be inside any of those.

So my only option is to delete each pdf one by one?  On the handset is there some way to 'select' bunches of them and delete all at a time?

I thought maybe I could do this using Windows Explorer, but whenever I click on  the Flash Drive icon that represents the Torch memory I can't get in to see what's there (it says something like 'insert the disk you wish to view with this drive')

Any ideas?

Thanks, Phil

Please use plain text.
Contributor
star7girl
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: telus

Re: Unwanted files not visible via Desktop

[ Edited ]

i don't know too much about doc's to go; i don't use it very frequently, but maybe at the top you could press the menu key. with text messages, an option called "delete prior" will come up - is that the case with docs to go? actually, i just checked and there's an option called "delete recent documents" when you press the menu key. try that! :smileyhappy:

hope it helps

ps- also, i found documents existing on my handheld on the PC. suprisingly, they weren't under the documents. they were under <blackberry>. but they may simply be hidden. another solution would be to open your handheld with my computer, go to that folder, and select "organize" (if it's windows 7, otherwise it should be the first menu, probably edit or something), then choose "properties" and ensure the checkbox for hidden is not checked or filled with a blue square. either means that there are hidden files in this folder, which cannot be deleted until you unhide them.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Phil_LatAm

Thanks Star7girl

Menu key gives me "Clear recent docs", but nothing happens when I press it. Maybe it only refers to Doc viewing history?

Actually, it dawned on me that I haven't even tried deleting one by one anyway. Gave it a go just now, and it won't let me delete them !

Gives me: "file system errror (12)"

I'll have to wait till weekend to try the My Computer route - although that's what I meant by Win Explorer, so I suspect I'll come up against the "insert disk" problem again.. oh well.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Phil_LatAm

Just had another bright idea.. open one of the pdfs, click on 'file properties', this pulls up the file location (among other details)

Device/files/countries

So I just need to delete each country folder. I think I *can* do that from Bberry desktop.
Please use plain text.