Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
jvettor
My Device: Torch 9800

Updated my torch and now touch screen to call contacts is not working...

This hard to explain but before when I selected a contacts name an option pops up that shows the different phone numbers for that contact and I can select it (touch screen) and it will then dial. Or I can select from the log page and it will auto dial. Now when I touch contacts name...nothing happens. I actually have to touch the button underneath to bring up the options and then scroll through options to select "call contact"...it is a real pain. Anyone else have this issue? Is there a fix for it? 

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: Updated my torch and now touch screen to call contacts is not working...

From what I've heard, calling a contact from the touchscreen is no longer an option with OS 6.  It sure would be nice to have that back.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
jvettor

Is there anyway to go back...If I had known that I would never have upgraded the software.

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

If you've done data backups with BlackBerry Desktop Software, yes you can go back.  If you haven't, no you can't.

If you have, plug your  phone into your PC via USB and open BlackBerry Desktop Software.  Once your phone has connected, click Device at the top of the software and Restore from the drop-down menu.  Pick the most recent file that you created while using OS 5 and click to proceed.

I hope that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Contributor
star7girl
My Device: torch 9800

i don't think that point about the touch screen calling with OS 6 is true - it's installed on my phone and i still have that functionality. but i have a question for you: rather than touching the number, why not just press the touchpad or the green button? it's just as simple

Regular Contributor
Torched

BillJ was right in a way. It is available on the earlier versions of OS 6 however it was disabled in the newest version of OS 6 for most carriers due to mutiple complaints about pocket dialing. If you would like to downgrade then all you need is a good computer with an internet connection. Download BlackBerry Desktop Software from www.blackberry.com/apps. Once you have this downloaded and you have your device connected then make sure you have a good Backup by clicking Backup Now. After this is doen then click Device in the top left corner then Update. On this next window, if you are connected to the internet, should show View Other Versions on the left side. Provide an email address or uncheck the box then click View Other Versions. Choose the update below the latest one and click Install. Or just click the call button.