Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
RickB007
My Carrier: Telus

Updated to 7.1 OS and my Torch 9810 freezes

Hi, I have updated my Torch 9810  to the new Telus 7.1 OS and it renders it unusable.  I have tried reinstalling the OS several times, to no avail.  It did that once with 7.0 and I reinstalled it and it worked great.  I also tried to use app loader and I couldn't  launch it, it said  the file exists already and it stopped.  I want the 7.1 features, but it seems to kill my 9810.  The screen is semi functional for about 30 seconds with glitches then it freezes the screen and I can only use the cursor and the key board to do anything.  I down graded back to 7.0 and now it works fine.  HELP!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Toppersk
My Carrier: Sasktel

Re: Updated to 7.1 OS and my Torch 9810 freezes

Same problem here with my 9860 and the upgrade I have been back and forth between 7.0 and 7.1 and the buttons don't work only the touch screen,   When I downgrade to 7.0 all is fine again please help. 

Please use plain text.
jazoom333
My Carrier: AT&T

I have the same problem with my Bold 9900.  It's really frustrating.  It goes soooo slowly after 7.1 upgrade.  But I NEED the features.  I'm on 7.1.0.267

Please use plain text.
Elite III
John_Clark

I recently upgraded from a 9800 to a 9810 using the switch device wizard.  I had an issue where the device stuck on the TMobile splash screen at boot up.  I was able to use alt + esc to toggle between running apps like BBM, browser, etc. but the homescreen would not come up. 

I finally tracked it down to something in my backup that corrupted the device.  It worked fine in OS 6 but didn't like OS 7.1.  Does the device work in OS 7.1 if you don't restore your backup file?

John

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
RickB007
My Carrier: Telus

It was like that even before I restored the baced up files.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
dq72
My Carrier: Bell

Same issue with my 9810. It's semi-functional, most of the time.

Main issue - with my email open, the touchscreen becomes unresponsive. For example I would have to tap the red x (delete) about 10 times before it would take.

However, if playing a game the touch screen works perfectly.

BES 5.0.4
BES 10.2
Exchange 2010
SQL2008R2
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
dq72
My Carrier: Bell

Still running 7.1.0.267 (BELL) and I don't want to give up the wifi hotspot (works well), but find the touchscreen freeze (specifically when viewing email) so annoying.

Is there a 7.1 version from another provider that works well - without the touchscreen freezup issues?

BES 5.0.4
BES 10.2
Exchange 2010
SQL2008R2
Please use plain text.
Elite III
John_Clark

Wouldn't THAT be nice!

I think everyone has freezing problems. I don't know of any fix.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Legutz
My Carrier: Etisalat

i have the same problem now. did you solve it? please help

Please use plain text.