Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Mobily

Urgent BB Middle East Questions

Good day to you Blackberry support staff, hope you're doing well, I urgently need some answers so please replay ASAP. thanks in advance.

My questions are regarding Blackberry users in the Middle East:

1. When are you planing to support Middle East users with access to Appworld.com ?

2. May i know, how much it cost, time, cash, and effort wise, to actually enable MiddleEast users to           access appworld ?

3. I read that Saudi Arabia are supported in "BB Maps", but we can't see the icon of BB Maps, nor use        it, any information about that ?

4. I need to know, who exactly dose RIM made a contract with, to supply blackberry services in Saudi        Arabia ?

and for more information, i want to say that almost 80% of the services that I paid for in the "BB Torch", aren't actually working in Saudi Arabia, So i hope this message is well recognized and taken in consideration.

Thanks for your precious time.

My Device: Not Specified

Re: Urgent BB Middle East Questions

Hey , I totally agree with you, i just baught anew torch and i am using it in Saudi Arabia and i tried it also from Bahrain, BB app world isnt working, nither social networking i.e facebook app nor twitter ... and also youtube i cant stream any video on my  phone, i am just wondering as you said for the purpuse of BB services here in Middle east if they will not provide them, we have by name something called blackberry.

Hopeffuly the support team will have an answer or perhabs a slution for what we are facing.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE (Orange)

You should have received a message when signing up, but these forums are not actively monitored by RIM/Blackberry and are more peer to peer support.

App world is not available in a country until all mobile carriers who provide blackberries need to sign up for it to provide support etc so I suggest you talk to your carriers.

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Du

I am living in the United Arab Emireates, Dubai, and all the services except for Appworld work flawlesly on my Bold 9780, and my previously owned Torch.

You name it, GPS, BBM, Video streaming on YouTube, internet browsing, the list goes on, the only thing which doesn't work is appworld and I'm not really worried so much about it.

Please do note, that with the other carrier in the UAE which is ETISALAT, YouTube video streaming does not work, so it depends on carriers really not on RIM.

Thank god we have DU :smileyvery-happy:

Visit the BlackBerry Matrix website for all your OS updates and BlackBerry applications! http://blackberrymatrix.yolasite.com/

How to update your BlackBerry Operating System Guide = http://bbmatrix.freeforums.org/how-to-upgrade-a-blackberry-operating-system-with-apploader-t29.html
Super Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone Qatar

I use my BlackBerry Torch at Qatar over Vodafone Qatar and it is hell fast in browsing and downloading

I have everything to access for free

The maximum delay for email receiving is 30 to 40 seconds!

So I recommend Vodafone Qatar when going to Qatar

Also I tried my old Bold at STC at Suadi Arabia, and I recommend STC than others, except at Makkah where STC signal sucks.
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Mobily

[ Edited ]

well dear blackberrians, the sad fact is that we as saudi users don't know where to ask for or how to show our demand for the services

i can confirm the following:

1. No appworld access.

2. No support for Facebook, Twitter, BB Maps

3. Poor Downloading plans.

i'm a torch user in KSA,

Edited content to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use.

thanks in advance

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my questions are still an answered, so plz reply, RIM and BB representatives 

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

hi guys we all are facing this problem with BBtorch and with service provider,i have found BB Customer service no please i request everybody call them and inform them the problems the number is :920022006 (saudi arabia only)