Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: VERY SLOW, LAGS & FREEZES!!

Have you tried 246?

what kind of messages?

i have a password lock on mine and there is maybe 2 seconds delay upon opening it. My 9700 bold did the same.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
happyfunball
My Device: Curve 8320, Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone

I've installed the latest updates available on the Mac Desktop Manager.  When I run 'Software Updates' on the device it says "Current version is 6.0 Bundle 278".  Your Blackberry is up to date.  When I type 'myver' in an email message, it says 9800/6.0.0.141.  Its quite confusing and I'm not sure which number to believe.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
billyblonco
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: ATT

[ Edited ]

Wow! your still on .141? you need to get the update asap, try desktop manager to get the latest update which is .246.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
happyfunball
My Device: Curve 8320, Torch 9800

Desktop Manager does not list any upgrades for me, since I'm on a Mac.  Apparently RIM hasn't pushed out any updates for Mac users yet. :smileymad:

I hooked the torch up to an old Windows XP box and was able to update it to 9800/6.0.0.284  It certainly feels faster although I had some problems fixing the Bluetooth pairing with my Plantronics headset but I figured it out eventually.  Its all working now and feels much, much faster.  No noticable lags yet.  :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Nekidpride
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: at&t

If you hvent done this, try it, when you reset your device you automaticly stop aplications, if you do this you will see the App thats slowing you down and be able to go in and stop it, I had google maps using like 90% of the processor, I stopped it and the phones running like it it was new, without re installing everything.

Thanks knottyrope, you hit the nail on the head.

Option, Device, Application Management is a great way to see what your apps are doing with your CPU usage on #Torch. Just slide top bar to CPU and see what is going on.

I found out that Social Scope was eating away CPU cycles on mine. It is a beta product and I was testing it, its not ready for OS 6 yet.

Good luck.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Nekidpride wrote:

If you hvent done this, try it, when you reset your device you automaticly stop aplications, if you do this you will see the App thats slowing you down and be able to go in and stop it, I had google maps using like 90% of the processor, I stopped it and the phones running like it it was new, without re installing everything.

Thanks knottyrope, you hit the nail on the head.

Option, Device, Application Management is a great way to see what your apps are doing with your CPU usage on #Torch. Just slide top bar to CPU and see what is going on.

I found out that Social Scope was eating away CPU cycles on mine. It is a beta product and I was testing it, its not ready for OS 6 yet.

Good luck.

Your welcome, glad to have helped out. hope it helps others too.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
alchofrolic
My Device: torch
My Carrier: o2

i had this problem big time and i reset the thing and then removed battery and put it back in. it appears to working spot on now

xxx

Please use plain text.
didilk
My Device: BB Torch 9800

I have a Torch 9800, and an Oyster protection shell with a rubber inlay, and had freezes about every ten minutes.

Since I removed the protection shell three weeks ago, I did not observe a single freeze any more.

So my explanation is that the rubber inlay and the back of the Torch device rubbed against each other and created electric parasites that created an input overload to the touchscreen, as if a user touched the devide several tens or hundreds of times per second.

Please use plain text.