Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
Baseman169
My Device: Not Specified

Vanishing Text Messages Icon From Favorites

My Torch 9800 is on the Bell Mobility network in Canada. OS Version: 6.0.0.246, Bundle 695, Platform 6.4.0.105

I'm on my 6th day now, and aside from all the gripes that everyone is saying, like poor screen resolution, or CPU is too slow, I say to you: stop your bitching! The phone is what it is and if you don't like it, don't get it! I think the phone works quite well. Your bitching is like people who would rather complain about what's on TV than change the channel.

On to my little problem...About 7 times now my Text Messages icon has vanished from my Favorites menu. Each time this happens, I re-favorite it. There doesn't seem to be any ryme or reason for this to happen. I've tried the battery pull a few times. I've done the power down/back up. But the Text Messages icon is the only icon that vanishes from Favorites.

Has anybody else had this problem?
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Vanishing Text Messages Icon From Favorites

yes I have seen it, happened with BBM for me.

I removed it from favorites and With the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery a few seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot. Then add back to favorites and it stayed for me so far.

I dont text, so never noticed it with that one.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

BJP
New Contributor
BJP
My Device: Torch 9800

I too am having the same problem, with text and maps.  Browser and BBM has not disappeared yet.

Bundle V6.0.0.246

Platform V6.4.0.105

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

which maps?

BB mpas will disappear if the carrier blocks it, AT&T does this to me.

I use Poynt now to launch it.

http://m.poynt.com/

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

can also try this

download BB maps launcher from your device and you should be OK.
http://www.gln.bz/ads.nsf/bbmapslaunch.jad

BJP
New Contributor
BJP

The maps program that comes loaded with the phone.  I am on Telus (Canada).  The program stays under my "All" tab but if I mark it as a favorite it disappears when my BBM disappears.  I do have me phone set to auto power down at night I am wondering if this is what is causing the problem.  I have not tried disabling this.

New Contributor
agalica

This is definitely a bug.

My text message icon was disappearing from the favorites menu, within about 15 minutes after adding it. I exchanged the phone today for a new Blackberry Torch, and unfortunately this phone also has the problem, so it must be for all BlackBerry Torches.

However, my friend tested this on her phone, and has not noticed the issue yet, therefore I think it must be having text message icon combined with other icons in favorites that causes the issue.

(The icons I have under fave: Messages, BBM, Pictures, Facebook, Contacts, and Txt Msgs)

I hope this is a bug that can be fixed with the next update release.

BlackBerry, please fix this issue.

Thank you.

New Contributor
ShoppingJamz

I'm having the same problem with the text messing icon disappearing from favorites.  Just bought the Torch and have the latest software. 

Super Contributor
MrDJ
My Device: Q10 (rip Torch)

[ Edited ]

done it once before for me but as i read this thread ive just noticed it gone again so thats twice in 3 weeks.

its not a problem for me as just add it to faves again but it sounds like its a glitch with the torch program if its happening with lots of people.

edit:

after saving it to my faves again i had a notification for some software upgrade which needed a reboot of torch. after reboot the text icon was gone again from my faves so it looks like if you turn your phone off it wont save it there like the other icons.

ADR742
My Device: 9800

I have the same problem, went to AT&T store, was told it would be fixed in 6.0 software update.  Downloaded new software, still have problem. 

My Favorites include:  messages, contacts, memoPad, Camera, ATT Nav, Video Cam, Password keeper, pictures and calender.

Any solutions?