Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

terryvancouver
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Very confused. Need help with displaying Chinese on my torch (rogers)

Hi,

I saw someone used his device to read and write Chinese so I know it's doable.

I just bought a torch device (rogers). I downloaded

9800jAsia_PBr6.0.0_rel695_PL6.4.0.105_A6.0.0.246_Rogers_Wireless_Inc.exe

onto my computer and then attempted to install it with DM6. After installation, I still cannot read or write Chinese.

Question 1: does that software (

9800jAsia_PBr6.0.0_rel695_PL6.4.0.105_A6.0.0.246_Rogers_Wireless_Inc.exe) support chinese display? I cannot find anywhere on RIM's website about that software.

Question 2: if the answer to question 1 is "yes", that means somehow I failed to install that software onto my device. The device came loaded with an English version of bundle 695. Any idea how I can install it properly? Thanks a bunch guys!!!!

Terry

Please use plain text.
terryvancouver
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Very confused. Need help with displaying Chinese on my torch (rogers)

found the solution. turns out that the software was properly documented; however, by default, none of the asian languages (input and display) were loaded. I just went to desktop manager->applications->scroll to the very bottom and then installed chinese display + support (by the way, I believe this is by design to save user ROM; however, this is not a very intuitive or very good design).

I hope this helps someone else as well.

Please use plain text.