Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
dijitaljedi
My Device: Blackberry Torch

Visual notification?

Alright, I wasn't sure if I was the only one with this issue, but when you receive a text/tweet/email (any notification except call) does the screen light up for you guys?  The only thing that happens is either it makes a sound on Normal or it vibrates (on vibrate obviously).  I have LED notitification set in the options but the phone doesn't light up until I unlock it.

Retired
FozzieBear
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Visual notification?

Hi dijitaljedi,

Are you referring to the screen or LED notifications?

The screen should not light up on any BlackBerry smartphone when receiving a new message. New messages notifications will display with a blinking LED notification if enabled in your message settings.

Cheers,

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Regular Contributor
CrypticAzn
My Device: BB Torch 9800 v6.0, Bundle 2647 / BB Desktop Mgr v6.1.0.35 (bundle 34)

Re: Visual notification?

[ Edited ]

You can set these to make noise, vibe, or whatever you'd prefer.  For me, I have mine set to NOT do any of these things so my battery doesn't run down as quickly.  There's a new post in twitter every few seconds so I don't need a notice; I'll check it when I'm good -n- ready. :smileywink:  To change those settings go to:

Options > Sounds & Ring Tones > Sounds for Selected Profile > Other Applications - Notifiers.

You should see a sound option there for Twitter direct msgs, new mentions, new tweets.  Click on each one to change both their sound, vibe, & LED notifications.  You can also choose from there how the phone will act when it's holstered, etc.  If you want a different notification when you're using another profile setting than the current one, you'll have to change to that sound profile and then check your options as above.  Mine blinks the LED & beeps at me.  No screen changes though unless I unlock it; then I'll see a notification icon for whatever it was.

I'm kinda deaf (veteran), so I use "Loud" sound profile daily, and it does beep at me even when the phone's locked.  In fact, it just did it a few minutes ago when I was trying to figure out what the hell that ringing-in-my-ear-Tinnitus thing was... Found out that it was my phone -- someone had sent me a text while I had it locked. :smileyvery-happy:  I know, I'm a dork. LOL

~^~ CrypticAzn ~^~
- Pls. click on the LIKE button of this post if I was able to help you in some way. Thanks!
- If I've helped resolve your issue, don't forget to go to the top-right of this post and click on "OPTIONS > ACCEPTED SOLUTION". Thanks!
- See my profile for helpful links!