Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Dailyng94
My Device: Blackberry torch
My Carrier: Tbaytel

Voicemail help!

So I have the newest blackberry torch. The dilemma is that when I call for my voicemail,my screen goes completely black and the only way I can exit is bca ending the call...it's slightly annoying... I have tried increasing the lack ground light and removing my battery mlefties times but nothing seems to work. Please, can someone help meeee!!! 

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
LCromwell
My Device: Z10-STL100-4
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Voicemail help!

I use YouMail, its free and it does to many amazing things to list here. It plays the message right on your phone.
THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY, LINGERS LONG AFTER THE CHEAPNESS OF PRICE, IS SOON FORGOTTEN.
Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Hi Dailyng94,

That would suggest that your proximity sensor is being activated. It usually turns off a couple of seconds after you pull the phone away from your face. What happens if you call your voicemail using the speakerphone? Do you still have this issue?

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
Dailyng94
My Device: Blackberry torch
My Carrier: Tbaytel

I stil,l have this issue, when I call my voicemail the screen goes black right away so I can't click my speaker phone button

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Does this only happen when you're calling your voicemail, or do you have this issue with all phone calls? And just to make sure, are you sure you aren't locking your phone using the lock button at the top of the device? Assuming you've already checked these items, here is an alternative.

I'm going to suggest doing something a little extreme, and that is to reload the software on the device. This will help to rule out a software related issue. To do this, follow the steps in the following link:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-software-for-BlackBerry/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-S...

That should work for you, but if not, it would suggest that the problem may be hardware related, in which case, I would take the phone into your carrier for warranty assistance.

I hope this info helps and keep us posted!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.