Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
rennymae
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Student
Accepted Solution

WI-FI (help me!)

So i connect to the wi-fi at home ( i do have interent on my phone anyway but to make it go faster i use wifi) and i have no clue if for example i go on youtube is it taking the data off my contract OR the wifi? I don't want a big data bill to come at the end of the month :smileytongue: so when I download things or listen to music online does it take off the data off my contract or is it unlimited because I'm conected to wifi?
Thanks
Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: WI-FI (help me!)

As long as your WiFi symbol on the device is white (and not greyed out), you are connected via WiFi, which means that essentially all of your data should be going over your WiFi network (and thus, you won't be getting charged for it). There are some apps that may require access to the data network, but things like the Browser, YouTube, Twitter, streaming music, etc should all work just fine over WiFi without using up your monthly data allowance.

I hope this info helps!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rennymae
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Student

Thank You very much ! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

No problem! Please feel free to pop back if you have any questions in the future!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.