Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
My Device: 8900
My Carrier: Orange UK

WIFI Music Sync Setup

Right well i took it upon my self to find out how the hell to get this to work. I successfully installed it on both my torch and on the desktop manager, how ever it didnt want to connect to my pc to download the music i had waiting to download.

so i had a look arounf and many of people saying that they had to set up there router for port forwarding and also the firewall setting that they had a problem with.

well i dont know if the router was a problem for me coz i set up the rigt port forwarding settings but still didnt show any signs of a problem (also i never had a problem with my router, and never had to port forward at all before with my router too).

so here is exactly what i did to get it to work:

1. Installed the WIFI MediaSync on my phone and on the Desktop Manager (automatically done when connected and first turned on the WIFI MediaSync).

2. WIFI MediaSync will search for updates and install settings onto your phone (wait till its done)

3. Set up your routers firewall (if you need too) for port forwarding. The ports that need opening are 4481 & 4482 tcp/upt.

# you can chack wich port is being used by the WIFI MediaSync by on the music app in the WIFI Sync press the blackberry button then go to options and click on "Check IP" and a box will open up showing the IP address it will connect to and the port< thats the port that will be needed to be port forwarded.

4. If you cannot connect with the ports opened then it will be the firewall on your computer, I.E: AVG, Nortan....so on. With me its was the problem with AVG, some reason all the programs i have are allowed but it wouldnt let the connection through for my torch when trying to connect to the network for the MediaSync.

*You will need to turn off the firewall on your AVG or internet security software.

*Then reconnect your phone to the desktop manager and let the service updates install into your phone

*Turn off the WIFI MediaSync and turn it back on and let it install again.

*Once installed check your music app on your phone and see if it will connect to the network.

Hope this all helps please tell me and also if you need help ill try and reply.

regards

sielski666

Give a little to Get a little.....Give Kudos :smileyhappy: