Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
Smoothcurve
My Device: Blackberry 9850 by Sprint
My Carrier: Digicel

WIPE OS

I have a torch 9850 from Sprint.

Kk so i made a post the other day about my phone not fully booting up and after doing some research i learnt tht the popular thing to do was to use Loader.exe to load a diff OS or reload the same OS on the phone. So I've done that...a number of time with Diff OS releases from RIM and each time the phone freezes at 3/4 completetion or once in a blue moon it goes a lil further to like 85% then stops.

Is there anything that can be done to my phone? I want to wipe it completely but I get the feelng Blackberry Swiss Army knife only works wen ther phone is on and can actually be detected.

Any suggestions at all on how to render my prob would be appreciated. Keep in mind, my warranty for 6 moths has expired so there is no use in going to my provider and complaining.

thanks for your suggestions:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: WIPE OS

Hi and welcome to the forums!

You can wipe the device and then load the device OS using the Loader utility,

The procedures are attached. Use the last link to download the device OS.

Thanks,

Bifocals

KB18998 How to reset the BlackBerry smartphone to factory defaults

KB10144 How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader

Desktop and Device software Dowloads

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Shazmin
My Device: Blackberry 9300 3G

[ Edited ]

Download the Blackberry OS from the official site which matches your phone and dowload the BBSAK software. Go to Youtube, you will se plenty of videos on how to reload the OS. 

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Are you able to restart your device in safe mode as shown in KB17877?

I assume, since it's caught in a reboot cycle, when you connect to the Desktop Software it doesn't take a stable connection to reinstall your software?

If that is case, remove your battery and keep it out when you connect to the Desktop Software. You will get a pop up that the device can't connect and there should be Retry, Update and Cancel buttons. Select Update and you will then be able to reinstall the current device software version.

When the load is progressing, you will see a step that says "Wait for device initialization". At this point, insert the battery and the reload should complete.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Smoothcurve
My Device: Blackberry 9850 by Sprint
My Carrier: Digicel

I've done that like 3 times u kno and the same thing happens, it just loads and then stops, it's frustrating.
Thnx for the suggestion tho!

Please use plain text.