Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

My Device: Blackberry Torch 9810
My Carrier: At&t

WORST PHONE EVER

So I have had my share of smartphones until I finally landed on a Blackberry Torch 9800 which I love and had no problems with. I decided I wanted a newer phone and was told the Blackberry Torch 9810 is way better. Its a lie. I HATE this phone. I have to close the phone in order for the ringtone to stop playing (for text messages), I cannot use the browser AT ALL, I can be on it for maybe five minutes before it completely closes out of anything I am in therefore I would have to start all over again, even if it does let me on for more than five minutes I have to click on things way below their actual link because its all off somehow. Dont waste your money on this phone, within the first three days I had it I was experiencing problems and no one can seem to fix it. I have tried rebooting it in every possible way, I have tried everything, this phone just SUCKS.

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: WORST PHONE EVER

[ Edited ]

Sorry you're having these issues.  Since the device is new, I'm willing to bet that you can swap it out for another one.

Another option is to reload the device software, there could be updates available to you.

http://us.blackberry.com/support/installpc.jsp

Again, I'm sorry you're not happy with your phone so far.  Hopefully that can change with the options listed above.

My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

sorry to hear it, i love my 9810 with latest AT&T OS on it

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

My Device: blackberry 9800
My Carrier: telstra

yes. the 8900 that work issued me is indeed the worst phone i have ever had.
the previous little blackberry with the trackball mouse installed was a nice and user friendly little thing, and when management issued everyone with a new slider bold, i was expecting a better phone.
OMG!!!
the list of problems that a tradesman slipping this little horror into their pocket encounters are too numerous to list, probably centred around the terrible little buttons on the top, but here goes.
1) the phone unlocks itself and goes off dialling up people out of the contacts list at random. first thing you know is a little voice coming from your top pocket.
2) sometimes it will just stop processing anything. It will do crazy things when asked to do basic functions. you need to turn it off and remove the battery for a while for it to come good.
3) The touch screen will not press the function below the press point reliably, usually opening the facebook function or something that you do not use or need when you push the contacts or email icon etc.
4)When picked up or juggled out of your pocket is very easy to push the top buttons, locking the screen or silencing your conversation.
5) When you slide the thing open, you invariably push some other button on the keypad, side or bottom row. This device requires you to be sitting straight and upright at a desk with your feet straight on the floor, elbows on the desk and the unit held with both hands close to your face without any shaking our outside disruptions to be used in any way properly. If your job requires climbing or crawling or not both hands free at all times, this phone is not for you.

but overall the Blackberry concept of phones is a good one, the choice of available functions is good, the company's commitment to customer privacy and not falling into the app myre is admirable.
I would recommend the Blackberry environment to anyone who wants a robust, predictable phone system, but not this model.
It's not just me - an associate who work for a large instrumentality where all staff were issued with this model says the same thing. Often a client who sees me with this phone will ask how much trouble I have, and will tell me what they replaced theirs with.
E12
Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

no you are wrong! i have been using torch 9810 since it was launched and just updated the os to 7.1 and runs like a rocket...

Regular Contributor
My Device: iPhone 4s
My Carrier: Warid Tel

We are very sorry that u are having these issues
My Device: 0

Hi @lloriente ,

Please check your PM's 

Thank you,

Chronos                                                                                                      New to the Community click here  
Community Moderator
Likes2.png    AS3.png    CG2.png