Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
JennaSide
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Optus

WORST PHONE EVER

Easily the worst phone experience I have ever had.  Will be replacing this phone in 24 hours.

I cannot believe how difficult this has been.  Every thing I try to do is a problem.  I get on line for help, and find everyone is also having problems.

I have a slide Nokia from 10 years ago that has more functionality, and I am not being a smart***.  All I am trying to do is send an MMS, receive an MMS, add an application, check the internet for maps.

I could not do anything because of an IT Policy, that could not be removed via the Desktop Manager over Bluetooth.  Then when I used the cord it took 3 attempts.  I still cannot send or receive MMS's for some unknown reason???  I upgraded from a very basic phone that could do all this on the plan that I have - little bit of internet and pic messages were fine.  Why is this so hard.  Why are there so many processes to achieve basic functions?  Why am I expected to pay an additional $10 per month for being able to connect a blackberry to the internet?  this does not inculde data, this is just some random fee for blackberry.  WHY?????  I now understand why nobody uses these phones.  I have spent hours on the internet.  It should not be this hard.  Can't wait to get my Android phone in 24 hours!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JennaSide

Re: WORST PHONE EVER

Yeah I am not done ranting. This has been a team effort, not just me. People have gathered around like they are watching a train wreck - offering sympathy and advice, but still unable to resolve anything. I am really very very mad. I won't ever recommend this product. in fact if anyone ever mentions looking to get a new phone, I will immediately tell them "NOT A BLACKBERRY"
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,893
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Haters gonna hate, jenna.

I used the Torch for two years, great device. My wife still does. I have too many friends who swear by the Torch.

So you had an IT Policy on yours? You bought it used somewhere? or your employer pushed the IT policy, do you even know?

But you're not gonna give it a chance, or even ask valid support questions here, just here to rant?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JennaSide

**bleep** straight I am gonna rant.  I have been on multiple forums and spent nearly two weeks now just trying to get the basics to work.  It has taken many hours and much stress.  The latest issue being the MMS - why should it involve numerous fixes and processes to achieve what should just happen normally 99.99999% of the time on any other phone.  One help-query on this site listed numerous processes, involving multiple steps, to get the MMS to work - IT SHOULD JUST WORK. 

Please use plain text.
JSanders

MMS does "just" work.

Make sure you have the BlackBerry data plan on your SIM card for MMS... that what you need.

So, you've ranted. This is a user to user help forum. We're not RIM employees, we like to help, but if you come around simply ranting and only ranting, you're not going to get far here.

Good luck, please ask if you have questions.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JennaSide

I have never had a data plan in my life and yet I have always been able to send MMS's.  Like I said, to be able to even get data on a blackberry you have to first pay $10 per month - this does not then give you $10 of credit for anything, this is just a random fee!  My apologies for the rant offending people, but perhaps you don't understand the rage felt when you feel like you are being taken technologically backwards into the 80s

Please use plain text.
JSanders

JennaSide, it's not a random fee. It's always been with BlackBerry as that way.

I'm sorry you didn't do your research before purchasing, anyone could have told you that would be required.

By the way, any other smartphone, iPhone, etc., will require a data plan.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JennaSide

No need for homework, phone was free. But that said, I have now done some homework and found the following: MMS does not utilize one's data plan to distribute multimedia content. Data plans are only used when included links (if any) are clicked. Myth#4: You Need a Data Plan for MMS You can still enjoy MMS messages even if your service plan does not include an Internet or data plan. The only requirement is that your phone possess MMS functionality, and it can do that without data service or fancy apps. MMS has been around since way before data plans and smart phones. At least in Europe it's not uncommon to pay per MMS or get a number of them free in your plan - same as for SMS really. So no data plan needed
Please use plain text.
JSanders

Well, that's incorrect. Each carrier alone decides what's needed for MMS.

As a norm, most all all BlackBerry mobile providers require the BlackBerry Data Plan for MMS.

MMS = Media Messaging Service. Media (i.e. files, pictures, videos, voicenotes) are data. Hence, data requires the BlackBerry data plan.

You might find different, but I assure this is and has been the way it works on BlackBerrys specifically.

If you find that Optus is different than above WITH A BLACKBERRY, I will gladly stand corrected.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

For the record, that would be the first time I've seen JSanders stand corrected. Just sayin', that's all.

Cheers. :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.