Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Solutions: 6,119
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: WORST PHONE EVER

BillJ wrote:
For the record, that would be the first time I've seen JSanders stand corrected. Just sayin', that's all.

hahahahaha, I've admitted many many times where I was wrong on a matter. I love to be corrected with facts, not innuendo and hearsay.

In this case, however, I am right.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: Blackberry
My Carrier: T

>> Haters gonna hate, jenna.

How old are you JSanders? Rather than trying to tackle or understand the problem they are having, you start with a childish, provocative insult towards a new user who is obviously very frustrated with their device.

>> But you're not gonna give it a chance

What is your definition of "give it a chance"? Did you miss the part where JennaSide said they've spent hours doing their own research and troubleshooting to try to solve problems? Sounds fairly proactive to me.

In my situation I am a telecoms engineer, and I love and prefer technical / customizable hardware/phones, but I have to agree with the Torch being extremely frustrating and unintuitive to use. Had pretty much the same problems and had to jump through the same hoops to get basic phone functionality working.

>> I'm sorry you didn't do your research before purchasing, anyone could have told you that would be required.

Firstly, "anyone"? Are you serious? A Blackberry is not as mainstream as an iPhone where at least 50% of the people in the room will know how to solve a given problem. It's a niche device that only a very small percentage of the population owns.

Secondly, what is a new user meant to "research" to find out if the phone will work for them? They can comb through the manual or forums for a whole month, but some of the problems encountered with Blackberry devices can't be identified in advance.

I'm sure in hindsight everything is crystal clear for a seasoned user like you with >60,000 posts in a support forum. Just put yourself in a new person's shoes rather than keyboard-warrioring from your horse. Not every problem is due to user error or lack of research - sometimes a device genuinely *is* unintuitive and not suitable for everyone.

I rarely post on support forums but couldn't help but reply to the complete hostility and arrogance by JSanders. That's the kind of childishness that support forums can do without.

deadsimp wrote:

>> Haters gonna hate, jenna.

How old are you JSanders? Rather than trying to tackle or understand the problem they are having, you start with a childish, provocative insult towards a new user who is obviously very frustrated with their device.

>> But you're not gonna give it a chance

What is your definition of "give it a chance"? Did you miss the part where JennaSide said they've spent hours doing their own research and troubleshooting to try to solve problems? Sounds fairly proactive to me.

In my situation I am a telecoms engineer, and I love and prefer technical / customizable hardware/phones, but I have to agree with the Torch being extremely frustrating and unintuitive to use. Had pretty much the same problems and had to jump through the same hoops to get basic phone functionality working.

>> I'm sorry you didn't do your research before purchasing, anyone could have told you that would be required.

Firstly, "anyone"? Are you serious? A Blackberry is not as mainstream as an iPhone where at least 50% of the people in the room will know how to solve a given problem. It's a niche device that only a very small percentage of the population owns.

Secondly, what is a new user meant to "research" to find out if the phone will work for them? They can comb through the manual or forums for a whole month, but some of the problems encountered with Blackberry devices can't be identified in advance.

I'm sure in hindsight everything is crystal clear for a seasoned user like you with >60,000 posts in a support forum. Just put yourself in a new person's shoes rather than keyboard-warrioring from your horse. Not every problem is due to user error or lack of research - sometimes a device genuinely *is* unintuitive and not suitable for everyone.

I rarely post on support forums but couldn't help but reply to the complete hostility and arrogance by JSanders. That's the kind of childishness that support forums can do without.

Hostility? The OP came to rant, admitted, got it off their chest and I've explained how the user can receive help should they want it.

There are literally thousands of posts, tens of thousands, in this forum and on places like CrackBerry and other BlackBerry forums explaining that a valid data plan is required for MMS on BlackBerry.

Hours of trying, probably simply means scouring the internet, google and forums like this.

And, I answered the question. Correctly.

Good day.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Optus

Thank you DeadSimp for your comments.

Jsanders, The data plan was not my only issue, it was just one of many.  The fact that there are "thousands" of posts for for these phones makes me think there is a massive number of issues.  If a product has thousands of online queries..."how do I do this"  "this won't work" "I can't do this" etc, wouldn't you think the manufacturer would realise something is not working??

I understand that long term users will be used to all these quirks of the blackberry, but that is the same as saying you get used to the car that you drive, even if it is not roadworthy - It's not necessarily a good thing, it's just a known thing

JennaSide, guess what.

Go to the Apple and iPhone user forums, you'll find even more issues and problems and questions and users who don't understand how to use their device. Try it on a Nokia or Samsung user forum, you'll the same plethora or users asking questions with device issues and frustration. Even more.

Hey, you said someone gave you the device. You may be simply inheriting issues they had before. Have you even wiped the device and reloaded the OS or reset to factory settings?

Knowledge Base Updates